Thread: low BLM

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Electronic Ignition!
    dhworkin I feel your pain. I too have a Vortec engine with Edelbrock performer intake, tbi and headers. I also purchased a chip from Harris and my engine idles rich with a catalytic converter. I have tried fuel pressure up to 20 psi and down to 15 psi with no difference in behavior, so unfortunately, we both may need to start over with a decent tune before going in circles. Best of luck.
    Owl

Fuel Injected!
    I have found as long as you are looking for a fuel pressure higher than your tbi spring, just connect return from tbi to inlet of aeromotive and outlet to return line, you are good to go.
    6395, BHDF, 7.4 BBC lightly modded now 6395 BMHM back to BHDF

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by myburb View Post
    I have found as long as you are looking for a fuel pressure higher than your tbi spring, just connect return from tbi to inlet of aeromotive and outlet to return line, you are good to go.
    I remove the regulator completely and fabricate a cover to go into its place. It eliminates a possible future fuel leak from a ruptured diaphram.

Fuel Injected!
    I got rid of the Harris chip and loaded a stock bin, set up history table and smoothed VE. Got the 13301 installed(on the return side) thanks for the help. Going to make a block off plate and change header gaskets this weekend and would like to install a Wbo2 but I don't know what to get. what do you suggest, thanks

Fuel Injected!
    I found one reason its been rich, it was something to do with the coil location. I've been chasing this problem for over two years, bad idle, stalls, falls on its face, timing jumping around with wire disconnected, poor throttle response (stomp it to the floor and there's a 2 sec delay before acceleration) and a lot of other strange problems. The manifold is a Edelbrock performer EPS 2716 and I mounted the coil in the same factory location (behind the TBI) and never liked how it was so close to the distributor. So the other day I wrapped the coil with a piece of sheet rubber and it ran great, then I mounted the coil on the bracket that holds the MAP sensor and it's even better. I don't know what was going on with the coil but I'm glad those problems are gone and I can go into this tune as if it's a new build.

Fuel Injected!
    1995, 16197427 BJXL, L31r w/lunati 20080660. First question is, because of the cam, when I install the stock bin do I change initial spark advance to 9.8 or leave it at 0.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by dhworkin View Post
    1995, 16197427 BJXL, L31r w/lunati 20080660. First question is, because of the cam, when I install the stock bin do I change initial spark advance to 9.8 or leave it at 0.
    Initial Spark Advance or Base Spark Advance matches your distributors physical setting. What I tend to do there is run as much initial as the combination will allow without kicking back on the starter hot. This generally gives the best cold start. 10-14* BTDC generally works out very well in my experience.