Thread: Free LS1 Tuning Software (all you need is TunerPro)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator
    I believe that someone said IE does that if you're not using "compatibility mode." You can right click, "save as," then type in the file name you want.

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
    I believe that someone said IE does that if you're not using "compatibility mode." You can right click, "save as," then type in the file name you want.
    Hi Thanks for your reply. I tried file save as but had the same response. Tried also on an older laptop. Ive since manged to download the file by logging in on my Mobile Phone and clicking the lick.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by SapperRE View Post
    Hi Thanks for your reply. I tried file save as but had the same response. Tried also on an older laptop. Ive since manged to download the file by logging in on my Mobile Phone and clicking the lick.
    I'm glad you've figured a way around the issue. When you "Save As" the browser suggests a filename. You can change the name of the file by typing in the name manually.

Unfortunately I can't get screenshots at this time as my browser saves the files with the correct names.

Carb and Points!
    Thanks I'll give that a try aswell.

Carb and Points!

Help needed LS 6.0 will be connected to 700R4 Transmission

Hi Guys, I have managed to the the Bin file from my PCM a OS 12212156 which came with the LS 6.0 Engine I got from a scrap yard.

I also got the .xdf file for the 2002 GM Vehicle in this thread.

The original transmission is showing as a 4L80E but I want to use my 700R4 as this has very recently been fully rebuilt.

The 6.0 LS will be going into my 1989 GMC Vandura G2500 Van.

Am I able to just change to transmission type and then save or is it more complicated? to I need to change other settings aswell.

I need to delete VATS
    EGR
    Cooling fans
    Probably the Speedometer section with wheel size etc.
    Maybe the 02 Sensors aswell. (still reading up on whats needed).

Many thanks.

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by SapperRE View Post
    Hi Guys, I have managed to the the Bin file from my PCM a OS 12212156 which came with the LS 6.0 Engine I got from a scrap yard.

I also got the .xdf file for the 2002 GM Vehicle in this thread.

The original transmission is showing as a 4L80E but I want to use my 700R4 as this has very recently been fully rebuilt.

The 6.0 LS will be going into my 1989 GMC Vandura G2500 Van.

Am I able to just change to transmission type and then save or is it more complicated? to I need to change other settings aswell.

I need to delete VATS
    EGR
    Cooling fans
    Probably the Speedometer section with wheel size etc.
    Maybe the 02 Sensors aswell. (still reading up on whats needed).

Many thanks.
    Changing the transmission from a electronic to a non-electronic (or manual) trans is quite a bit more complicated....it's not as simple as *just* changing the transmission type, and there are some who say that isn't a good idea as other problems can arise. You'll have to dig through EVERY transmission DTC and turn it off.....otherwise the PCM will be looking for a TCM and start throwing codes. IMO it's easier to just reflash the PCM with a manual OS. In my case, I went on CarGurus, searched for a 4.8 pickup with a manual trans.....grabbed the VIN, went on GM's TIS website ($40 per VIN) and reflashed the PCM with my VXDIAG pass-thru. Of course you'll have to make the rest of your changes in your list.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by cobra30689 View Post
    Changing the transmission from a electronic to a non-electronic (or manual) trans is quite a bit more complicated....it's not as simple as *just* changing the transmission type, and there are some who say that isn't a good idea as other problems can arise. You'll have to dig through EVERY transmission DTC and turn it off.....otherwise the PCM will be looking for a TCM and start throwing codes. IMO it's easier to just reflash the PCM with a manual OS. In my case, I went on CarGurus, searched for a 4.8 pickup with a manual trans.....grabbed the VIN, went on GM's TIS website ($40 per VIN) and reflashed the PCM with my VXDIAG pass-thru. Of course you'll have to make the rest of your changes in your list.
    Somebody else tried changing the trans type, flashed ot in using pcmhammer, and it bricked his PCM. Tried it on another and got the same result. So don't change that setting.
    1995 GMC K2500 SUBURBAN 2001 LB7 DURAMAX/ALLISON swap, mostly stock, tuned by me with EFILive

1999 Tahoe 2 door 2X4, 5.7l with 0411 swap, and marine intake

Carb and Points!
    '04 Corvette M6 os12587603.bin (1.00 MB) I am looking for one that will work with a 5.3 and a nv3500. Doing a ls swap on a 66 gmc pickup and need a bin file for a manual transmission. My pcm is a blue and green service number 12589463. Will the one I pasted here work for me?

Thank you, Carl E.
    Last edited by CarlsLQ9SS; 11-04-2019 at 05:09 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlsLQ9SS View Post
    '04 Corvette M6 os12587603.bin (1.00 MB) I am looking for one that will work with a 5.3 and a nv3500. Doing a ls swap on a 66 gmc pickup and need a bin file for a manual transmission. My pcm is a blue and green service number 12589463. Will the one I pasted here work for me?

Thank you, Carl E.
    OS 12587603 for a 2004 Silverado with a 5.3(LM7) setup for a manual transmission. If you plan to run flex fuel then you would want an L59 engine segment rather then the LM7. You will need to readjust things related to the speedometer such as the VSS PPM as they are still configured for an auto trans.

The engine segment is for a stock engine as far as I'm aware and still has all emissions enabled as well as torq management and is configured for a DBW throttle.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Carb and Points!
    Thank you, very much appreciated!

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
    OS 12587603 for a 2004 Silverado with a 5.3(LM7) setup for a manual transmission. If you plan to run flex fuel then you would want an L59 engine segment rather then the LM7. You will need to readjust things related to the speedometer such as the VSS PPM as they are still configured for an auto trans.

The engine segment is for a stock engine as far as I'm aware and still has all emissions enabled as well as torq management and is configured for a DBW throttle.
    Hey Pete. I'm running a 5.3L (LM7/Cable throttle) out of a 2000 Silverado. Would this OS/BIN work pretty well for me? I'm hoping to find a setup that I can run without too much fine tuning for now, until I get the swap sorted.
    Last edited by tf3n; 04-20-2020 at 02:54 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by THEFERMANATOR View Post
    Somebody else tried changing the trans type, flashed ot in using pcmhammer, and it bricked his PCM. Tried it on another and got the same result. So don't change that setting.
    With out knowing more about how you flashed the file I'm not going to say this will 100% work but it's very unlikely either of the PCM's are actually bricked unless you altered something in the boot sector of the bin file.

View or download the picture and you will see there is a pin I've highlighted. With the PCM turned ON ground this pin for .5-1 seconds and IMMEDIATELY attempt to re-flash the PCM. Depending on what tool your using to flash with you may need to click start a split second before you release the pin from ground to get the timing on this right. You may only have a 1- 2 second window where the the PCM will be flash-able but that depends on how bad its damaged.

If the flash chips file is only slightly damaged the PCM will boot and start sending either an OS or calibration recovery mode message and will allow you to reflash until the next time its turned off so there is no requirement here on how precise the timing needs to be. It will be in an unlocked state and allow uploading a flash kernel into the ram.

Now if the main OS is badly damaged or there is corrupted information in the boot block the data bus will only come online for a very short time and you will need to time the ground release so as soon as the flash chip resets you are unlocking the PCM and start the flash kernel upload. The flash kernel needs to be uploaded and brought online before the data bus becomes unresponsive again for this to work. The greater the damage in the boot block the less time you will have to upload the kernel.
    P01_P59_Ground 1 second to recover.jpg

Here is a video demonstrating recovery on a dead PCM using LS Droid and what this looks like if you were viewing the data bus.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZ4Xt_ebI4M