Thread: Free LS1 Tuning Software (all you need is TunerPro)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Carb and Points!
    Im also looking for some help. I have a 2003 silverado 2500HD 6.0 4x4 4l80E with OS 12580786 and i cant find a XDF file is their a depository or can anyone point me in the right direction or a decent replacement OS that will meet the needs of said truck

Electronic Ignition!
    So I have a question about COS he mentioned in the post below. I am trying to run my 2000 5.3L in speed density and been running into a road block. I seen he had XDF for two custom operating systems in that post but no BIN files. Do I need a bin or just take a stock bin of same OS as xdf and when tuner pro saves it, it becomes a COS? If anyone has a custom OS for speed density on a P01 ECU with a usable XDF, that would be amazing as well! Thanks guys

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...ll=1#post73585

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonwh64 View Post
    So I have a question about COS he mentioned in the post below. I am trying to run my 2000 5.3L in speed density and been running into a road block. I seen he had XDF for two custom operating systems in that post but no BIN files. Do I need a bin or just take a stock bin of same OS as xdf and when tuner pro saves it, it becomes a COS? If anyone has a custom OS for speed density on a P01 ECU with a usable XDF, that would be amazing as well! Thanks guys

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...ll=1#post73585
    You will need a matching COS to use one of those XDF's. They will not work with a stock BIN file.

Since COS's from tools like HPT and EFI Live do not contain any type of calibration data you would need to find one that's been setup already(and is compatible with the XDF) as there could be settings the COS needs filled in that would not be in the XDF if you tried to populate the raw COS yourself. I'm not sure on things like the COS1 but for any of the COS's that have extended boost tables you need to do a complete OS flash every time you make a change in any of the settings as tables have been moved outside of the "OEM" calibration data range and none of the free tools avaible would correctly flash the calibration data range for a COS.

Fuel Injected!
    I have not seen an XDF for that OS and do not know of anyone working on one for it. Your only real option will be changing the OS to the supported 12587603 and then finding a bin file for a similar setup to work from.