Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Free LS1 Tuning Software (all you need is TunerPro)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    Punctuation would help.

Better yet, line breaks.

Electronic Ignition!
    Is there anyone still adding additional features to these xdf? If so how would I go about requesting something be added? Researching and learning how to use Tuner pro and the xdf's is fairly easy. Adding things to an xdf from what I can find has a steep learning curve. The OS I am currently interested in is 12216125 because of its flex fuel capability and good coverage options for a p01 411 pcm. I'm willing to help in any way that I can.

Fuel Injected!
    Hello,

You are better off abandoning your current tune and pursuing an OS that has what you need for Flex Fuel support and that has an already richly featured XDF file. I don't know that anybody is actively adding features to obscure OS XDF files though you might . . . might . . . talk somebody into adding something into an existing, already well supported XDF.

Have you looked at what is available for features in 12208322, 12202088, 12212156? I'm not sure if these support Flex Fuel. What engine and transmission are you needing?

Rick
    1970 Chevy El Camino, LM7 Engine, 4L60E - Two 896 and two 0411 PCM's

Electronic Ignition!
    What I'm looking for is things like injector timing\phasing, for cam changes, some tcc lockup settings, and dfco settings that aren't available in the xdf for 125 os, some of which are available for other xdf's. This is the only os and xdf that has flex fuel available for the p01. Finding engine and transmission combo isn't the problem. I would gladly add the parameters myself if I knew more about how to create xdf's. Everything I have read so far on creating xdf's seems confusing.
    Last edited by pnwsr6; 06-28-2020 at 09:39 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by pnwsr6 View Post
    What I'm looking for is things like injector timing\phasing, for cam changes, some tcc lockup settings, and dfco settings that aren't available in the xdf for 125 os, some of which are available for other xdf's. This is the only os and xdf that has flex fuel available for the p01. Finding engine and transmission combo isn't the problem. I would gladly add the parameters myself if I knew more about how to create xdf's. Everything I have read so far on creating xdf's seems confusing.
    I'm running 6125 on a flex fuel truck and have been wanting to figure a way to add in some parameters as well. The xdf is locked for editing too. I understand why someone would lock it, but at the same time would like to try to start from the current xdf and not from square one.

Fuel Injected!
    Hello! I noticed you stated "LS" type pcms, however is that inclusive? question being I have the 411 with 2156 OS and was wondering if the .XDF listed above would allow me to change VATS and Trans on L31 with the above factory ECM with is what I pulled with the Engine? long question... opps

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by TilmanNA View Post
    Hello! I noticed you stated "LS" type pcms, however is that inclusive? question being I have the 411 with 2156 OS and was wondering if the .XDF listed above would allow me to change VATS and Trans on L31 with the above factory ECM with is what I pulled with the Engine? long question... opps
    If the xdf matches your OS, then you can use it to modify your OS. If you can't find an xdf with the same number as your OS then you either have to find and use another os with an xdf,or create one from scratch. 2156 OS should have a xdf for it in the 2nd post of this thread.

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks!!

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by TilmanNA View Post
    Thanks!!
    Cool, I found the .XDF, however I noticed in the TorquePro RT "transmission type" it stated ** this parameter should NOT be changed ** !!!

What to do?? The 411 OS 2156 PCM states it is a 4L80E, yet I would like to change it to a manual NV3500.

Carb and Points!
    Hi Im quite new to this thread and forum. Im having problems Downloading the attached files.

I got the TunerPro editing software - for LS1 type PCMs.pdf and printed it.

Im having trouble with PCM OS Checksum Plugins.zip as when I click the link and select save as it goes to save a attachment.php then Im not able to open it.

Am I doing something wrong?

Administrator
    I believe that someone said IE does that if you're not using "compatibility mode." You can right click, "save as," then type in the file name you want.

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
    I believe that someone said IE does that if you're not using "compatibility mode." You can right click, "save as," then type in the file name you want.
    Hi Thanks for your reply. I tried file save as but had the same response. Tried also on an older laptop. Ive since manged to download the file by logging in on my Mobile Phone and clicking the lick.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by SapperRE View Post
    Hi Thanks for your reply. I tried file save as but had the same response. Tried also on an older laptop. Ive since manged to download the file by logging in on my Mobile Phone and clicking the lick.
    I'm glad you've figured a way around the issue. When you "Save As" the browser suggests a filename. You can change the name of the file by typing in the name manually.

Unfortunately I can't get screenshots at this time as my browser saves the files with the correct names.

Carb and Points!
    Thanks I'll give that a try aswell.

Carb and Points!

Help needed LS 6.0 will be connected to 700R4 Transmission

Hi Guys, I have managed to the the Bin file from my PCM a OS 12212156 which came with the LS 6.0 Engine I got from a scrap yard.

I also got the .xdf file for the 2002 GM Vehicle in this thread.

The original transmission is showing as a 4L80E but I want to use my 700R4 as this has very recently been fully rebuilt.

The 6.0 LS will be going into my 1989 GMC Vandura G2500 Van.

Am I able to just change to transmission type and then save or is it more complicated? to I need to change other settings aswell.

I need to delete VATS
    EGR
    Cooling fans
    Probably the Speedometer section with wheel size etc.
    Maybe the 02 Sensors aswell. (still reading up on whats needed).

Many thanks.