Thread: Need help tuning my calibration on a 0411 with road runner emulator using TunerCat.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    I have saved the both calibrations in PDF and transformed to Exel sheet, made comaparison as pdf files, and manualy whent through all of the tables transfered to excel files and copied out the tables and parameters where both calibrations have difference. They both have quit a few differences in calibrations.
    In the attachement i post everything i have done to compare, the pdf with comparison, the excel`s (they are a bit hard to go through and only possible to compare manualy, since while transformation they ended up as tables on different sheets.) and my manualy made file where i copied all of the differences from the two calibration files for a better view.(most of the parameters and tables are the same, butstill some are different:

Tables:
    - Fuel Gauge Sender Output %PWM Vs. % Fuel Level
    - Primary Fuel Level Vs Fuel Gauge Sender A/D Counts
    - Installed Options Matrix Vs. Platform Type
    - Tip-In Max Delta Torque Vs. Gear (the Express Van .cal doesnt have this table at all)
    - Prime Pulse Fuel Mass Vs. Coolant Temp.
    - Normal Crank Fuel/Air Eq. Ratio Vs. Cool. Temp. Vs. Time
    - Rich/Lean O2 Volts (mv) Threshold Vs. Air Flow Mode Vs. Bank
    - MAF Sensor Air Flow Vs. Output Frequency (Cont.)
    - Fuel Pressure Correction Factor Vs. Battery Voltage
    - MAF Sensor Air Flow Vs. Output Frequency
    - Park-Drive Open Loop Equiv. Ratio Decay Multiplier Vs. ECT
    - Open Loop Equiv. Ratio Decay Multiplier Vs. ECT
    - Park-Drive Open Loop Equiv. Ratio Correction Vs. ECT
    - Open Loop Equiv. Ratio Correction Vs. ECT
    - Main Volumetric Efficiency Vs. RPM Vs. MAP (Cont.)
    - Main Volumetric Efficiency Vs. RPM Vs. MAP
    - Main Volumetric Efficiency Vs. RPM Vs. MAP (Cont.)

And as well constant parameters (but those are easyer to check in PDF comparison):

- Idle Control Parameters
    - Spark Parameters
    - Diagnostic Parameters
    - Transmission Parameters
    - Fuel Parameters
    - Auxiliary Output Diagnostics
    - Auxiliary Input Diagnostics (Cont.)
    - Emissions Control Diagnostics

Very time-consuming process, but good for me to get to know the tables and parameters in calibrations, too bad without really knowledge of influence of these tables and parameters on the function of the engine, well not all, some i do already know and understand, but it is probably 5% max of all in the calibration. But anyway, I wanted to clearly see the difference between the calibrations i have...
    Last edited by Aksl; 01-27-2019 at 11:11 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    Ok so today i went and tried again with different calibrations to give it a try, since my battery was all charged. Well with a lot of tries i killed the battery again, couldn’t get it to start and idle correctly, with the NISANDA`s calibration it started, couldn’t idle but holding and playing with throttle kept it being a live, but it really made a lot of misfires to the exhaust so i guess the ignition gives a very advance spark.
    With the Express Van file that i have corrected using Fast355`s BIGCAM Excel file, the engine started right up and went to high RPM, i guess of 1600rpm that is set in the calibration, but then just died, it did that every time, every time a nice good start rising rpm until a certain point and the just off. Unfortunately, i couldn’t get the scanXL to work, it gave me an error 109 couldn`t find the ODBII interface via cable, it sees the cable but not the PCM, may be is because i do not have the Ground signal connected to my ODBII port, i only have the ground, but my TechII worked fine with just ground (another issue that i have to solve) to get the log.

Fast355 - If you have any thoughts, why the engine revs up until some rpm and then just shuts, not even reacting anyhow on throttle?
    Last edited by Aksl; 01-27-2019 at 11:31 PM.