Quote Originally Posted by bobdec View Post
syn, 1st as stevo said make sure your intake path after the MAS is tight. I run a mild LT4 hot cam on my '94 LT1, (218/228 @50 112LSA , .525/.525 lift w/the 1.6 RR's) . I had to get my idle up to 800 in 'N' to hold a MAP of about 55 kpa at idle. Your desired idle setting is still stock @ 550 and your resultant MAP is 76 kpa . When the poster above previously said 'you may have overdone it) I think it was referring to cam size. If I were you I concentrate on getting idle cleaned up by cranking up idle RPM to increase vacuum as much as possible, watch the ST trims and MAP as you play with idle. Make sure the IAC counts are controlling your idle (not the TB) as the IAC distributes air flow more evenly to all cylinders. Since I'm an A4 my in gear idle is 750 and a stall converter solved the problem of holding the car back at idle in gear. If you get idle straightened out then remember the BLM cell selection and timing tables all use MAP and RPM for correct selection, data logging and analysis will help getting them set up. If A4 shift points should be set to your new CAM power curve. What cam are you running ??

Cam size is .230/.230 @50 with .480/.480 lift, and i will look for leaks as soon as im able to. and where im new to tuning im not sure what to look for in the tune. I do have tunercats so i am able to change just about anything computer wise. but im still attempting to learn what i "Need" to change.