Thread: 7427 upgrade tuning help understanding

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    Make sure your stoichiometric afr is set correctly for your fuel. Any change here will affect your ve tables. Your computer will calculate fueling using this value and your ve tables, then make adjustments using other tables such as Open Loop AFR vs Temperature vs Vacuum, PE AFR vs Temperature, etc. Everything working correctly depends on having your VE tables correct.

Fuel Injected!
    I made 2 test hits today and it is getting better just the original start so I will have to wait till tomorrow for that again. But that is what I am looking for, for the parameters. I normally just go out to my back roads and do WOT and cruise but usually only get up to 65-70mph. The highway sucks most of the time so I know certain times to go get that and my granny driving done at the same time. I was able to hit the hiway on the second test today.
    Is there a way in the 7427 computer to set something like the 7747 hiway? Something where I don't change the VE tables but when it cruises after so many sec it lowers VE or raises afr. Hiway is right around 14.5 +/- .4 at 75-85mph. I mostly cruise at 80mph rarely over that. You have been so helpful with this info. I am getting very close to where I want to be.

Fuel Injected!
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...OD-Lean-Cruise

Check out post 14. It seems the pcm has similar functionality built in. I have not played with this yet. Good luck.