Thread: Proptype Beagle Bone Black EFI cape

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    Well, you understand this stuff better then I do. I try my best at the micro-controller and electronics projects I make, but I admit to relying on what others have figured out to succeed at it.

I'm more of a handle cranker. I've been impersonating a machinist, welder and fabricator now for 45 years? My first job was in a machine shop when I was just starting high school. I have a very modest, but capable shop here at home.

This EFI stuff is really interesting to me. You will find some very smart and helpful people here. They are even friendly! Which has not been my usual experience with some smart people (or people who think they know what they are doing)... I feel super lucky this place even exists.

Please keep use up to date on your progress! There is a very cool project here going on right now that lets people read and write to the GM Gen 3 PCM's (like the 12200411).

Take care sir!

Fuel Injected!
    No need to reinvent the wheel in this case as its already been done.

https://speeduino.com/wiki/index.php/Overview

You can't buy one that's already built but you can buy all the parts and PCB from the company and the prices are very fair IMO.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
    No need to reinvent the wheel in this case as its already been done.
    Yep For a mazda Miata with a crank trigger using Tunerstudio it's A Nice Job started following them when they called it GOcart efi or something like that.
    However Although I am proficient with TunerStudio MegaTune and Cats tuner I really want to get away from the whole tables IDEA my intent is to design and build and actual calculating system, But for starters I needed to build something that would work with my favorite engine build. I have had limited success with Cats tuner using GM66ECU on LT1 but have had to compromise way too much to use tuner studio on different builds.

I finished a Crossfire corvette MicroSquirt integration two years ago and it was pretty much miserable the outcome was good but the Microsquirt ala Tuner Studio works best with what it was designed for a crank triggered 4 cylinder.

I have seen the huge push of conformity to a most popular set of parts for engine builds.
    I seem not to conform and Have built crazy huge power with cheaper less common parts over the years.

Once I get my Mill set up again I intend to start building a LT1 using modified Gen1 SBC heads and either 4 tiny Turbos or 4 AiSan 30CID Screw Compressors.
    These are the little compressors with the AC compressor clutch pulleys.

I also am thinking about fitting a Later model M122 blower to my STS cadillac.

As far as the wheel invention like I said I am not really satisfied with whats available and have the skills to do this.
    The other thing is these available options are not really suitable for easy rapid adoption for a typical home garage mechanic.
    Avatar is my motor 800 RPM 184ft Lbs Torque 18 inches x 18 inches x 9 inches thick external combustion engine.

98 WS-6 full tube chassis rally car Aluminum Block LS2 (soon to be LSX 376)(in Storage)
    95 Suburban 6 inch drop, Pioneer DVD in Dash 5.7 TBI, 220cc 2.02x1.60 64cc heads, Stainless longtube headers 2.5 crossover 3 inch exhaust, LT-4 roller cam.
    2002 Seville STS