I have a 95 Chevy conversion van I am looking to improve performance on. I am not looking to make it a fire breathing pavement pounding asphalt melting machine. Just looking to grab the low hanging fruit so to speak.

I use this van to pull a 16 foot travel trailer for vacation travel with the family. Other than being a backup vehicle to get to work that is all this vehicle will do. For the immediate future I am just looking to get a little extra power, fuel economy, drivability, etc. I am a mechanic by trade, so the mechanicals are no problem. I understand what the tuner community does but I do not possess the knowledge or the time to play with it myself. I spend enough time dealing with my current fleet job keeping up with tractor trailer emissions, regen and DEF concerns for Detroit, Cummins and International that I do not have enough time to learn how to tune gas burners.

I have been trolling recently for performance chips for My 95 G20 and nobody seems to carry anything for what I have. I have also noticed that playing around with Pre 96 Gm processors and proms seems to be common past time for a lot of people.

Just today I found a processor with the same part number out of an astro van as a spare at a local pull a part yard.

Is there a performance chip or reprogrammed chip to be had that will do what I am looking to do with stock equipment?

Suggestions for down the road improvments to hardware to take advantage of existing software are welcome.