Quote Originally Posted by spfautsch View Post
Sounds like you guys have been having an awful lot of CCM fun without me.

I haven't read the entire thread carefully, so not sure which car is your "primary" test mule, but on my '95, all the "gauges" functionality in the DIC (the lcd / digital dash) are driven from ALDL data. When I'm logging with eehack (older versions) the DIC shows voltage, oil and coolant temp, and fuel consumption data based on the last data it received from the PCM. None of this info updates until the CCM wakes up and becomes bus master.

Interesting stuff here. The CCM is a very interesting topic b/c mine seems a bit flakey. I've had it "wig out" in the middle of a drive and start flashing the 'security' and 'passive keyless entry' lights for no apparent reason. I've also had it start popping the rear hatch repeatedly while flashing the PCM. Thankfully it's never popped the hatch while driving, but I'd really love to have a better understanding of what it does and how it does it.
The voltage does update when the program upload is in progress—I can see the voltage droop on the digital dash when the fans kick on to start the process, and can watch it creep back up once they kick out.

Also, your issue with those lights and the hatch isn’t the CCM—it doesn’t control the hatch or the PKE light. Both of those are controlled by the PKE module which is connected to the CCM but separate. I would suspect that as faulty first unless you have other non-PKE things going on.