Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
what xdf are you using?

i don't know if i've seen a good XDF for that engine on here.

there are some tables in there for sure so i can only assume it's not just gibberish, but it's possible that you're the first one to try flashhack on that engine, and i don't think many people have tuned them so XDFs might be nonexistant or really shoddy.

one thing that sucks is that as far as i've been told the P66 bin itself doesn't really contain a factory checksum value to verify it's integrity.

i just realized while looking at that issue that i could easily accomplish a validation of a read procedure by utilizing the same manual checksum routine we use to validate writes. i will put code in the next version that validates the bin that way to help ensure read integrity and maybe someone with a P66 can help me test it.

each message is checksummed too, so the chances of corruption on read are low even without that extra validation

unfortunately this does mean flashhack or any other flash tool would probably still load a totally corrupt bin from your PC and flash it without complaint, but there's no reasonable way to fix that issue, so be careful with that
I have looked into trying to adjust a BIN using TP V5 for a 93 F body 3.4l and there does NOT appear to be a XDF available for the 93 Fbody 3.4l engines. The only XDF available (P66 V6) is for the 94/95 Fbody. If you use the 94/95 XDF on a 93 Fbody ECM half the data shown will be garbage. I wish there was an XDF for the 93 3.4l Fbody.