Thread: New Guy from WI

Carb and Points!

New Guy from WI

Hello all new guy here from WI. Installing 95 LT1 and 4l60e into a 49 Chevy coupe. Finally growing some and trying the tuning thing after playing with cars for thirty years. Been reading threads for weeks learning as much as I can. Now finally to the point of getting all the software and hardware rounded up and diving in head first. Hope my newbie questions dont upset to many. Looking forward to lots of nights using the 4 letter dictionary

Fuel Injected!
    You're gonna love EFI. Instead of three adjustment points, you have a hundred. You'll have the best running 49 Chevy coupe out there! Personally I really like Greg Bannish's books on tuning. Understand the concepts behind it, and then the parameters in the tuning software make a lot more sense.

One caveat - the stock LT1 fuel injectors were old designs back then and they were never designed for ethanol. After having lots of problems getting a matched set, I gave up and now use injectors from a newer Ford. There are other choices out there, but just be aware. Also, don't let the stock LT1 ignition system scare you. It's easy, cheap and can be very reliable.