Quote Originally Posted by In-Tech View Post
Hi Tom,
I'm still waiting on my '94/95 pcm to show up but I have a couple '96/97's that are bricked. I have flash chips(E and T), sockets, and programming equipment. I've been playing a little with software attacks but I have no need for these pcm's is why I haven't repaired them yet and plenty of other crapola to do :D Anyway, I can be a tester if you like as time permits.
Hi Carl,
Sounds OK. I will start working on instructions. Plan is that we will never need flash chips, sockets or programming equipment. I want to keep the conformal coating intact. Let's program in place!

This process is best managed in layers. Let's start with recovering an Eside board from your 96/7 PCM. On your side there are a number of things and setups needed:

- Bricked 96/7 PCM (which you have)
- Bench setup to power it
- USB-serial cable
- Various tools like soldering iron, pliers and so on
- Various electronic bits like resistors and hookup wire
- A PC with a terminal program with the capability to set baud rate to 1890 baud, send binary files to the port, receive and interpret incoming hex characters. I have been using Realterm but I am sure there are a bunch of terminals that will work.
It is also preferred that the terminal display when things like break are present.

I will get to work and post in a day or two. Q for you: Should this be in a separate thread in the forum? Continue here??

-Tom