I have transferred a 94 Buick Roadmaster drive train into a 93 Saturn Wagon. It is now rear wheel drive and a blast to drive. My question is, how does the VSS effect the fuel trims? I have installed an Abbott electronic ratio adaptor mostly for transmission shift improvement due to the different tire size and rear end ratio. The VSS output speed via the lap top data is about 23 mph faster than indicated speedo that is a calibrated Auto Meter. The first indication of VSS issues occurred when the injectors shut off when the computer VSS indicated approximately 110 mph. The drive train has about 135k miles on it and all components except injectors, knock sensors and map sensor have been replaced. Opti has new housing/bearing that I swapped in the original Mitsubishi head and matching disc. Old one worked fine but bearing was worn. Plug wires are a week old MSD 8.5 spiral core.
I have just over 2k miles on the project now with it being 95% great drivability. There is still a slight stumble at steady throttle slow or cruise hwy speeds that kicks lock up in and out. Little long but wanted to provide as much info initially as possible to determine VSS involvement with fuel mixtures. I do have data from driving trips. Thanks for your help.