Thread: 94 F-body LT1 solving problems/tune

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    Are you using the EGR circuit?
    I haven't followed this thread closely, can you post the stock .bin you started with so I can find stuff? Most stuff I have seen can usually accept 5 more degrees of timing on a stock timing table if the engine is stock. If much has been changed you have to tune accordingly. Hopefully more experienced LT1 guys can chime in with how much is acceptable, shoot, they have a pretty aggressive timing table from the factory due to the reverse cooling so I creep up on it and do a lot of logging.
    -Carl

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by In-Tech View Post
    Are you using the EGR circuit?
    I haven't followed this thread closely, can you post the stock .bin you started with so I can find stuff? Most stuff I have seen can usually accept 5 more degrees of timing on a stock timing table if the engine is stock. If much has been changed you have to tune accordingly. Hopefully more experienced LT1 guys can chime in with how much is acceptable, shoot, they have a pretty aggressive timing table from the factory due to the reverse cooling so I creep up on it and do a lot of logging.
    The stock is in the very first message of this thread. Mod list is there too.
    I've disabled egr, but hadn't removed it manually. It is installed, but not working because of PCM.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by yoheer View Post
    The stock is in the very first message of this thread. Mod list is there too.
    I've disabled egr, but hadn't removed it manually. It is installed, but not working because of PCM.
    Whether you are using MAF Sensor or Speed Density, if you've disabled the EGR Valve operation in the pcm, then it will not apply the EGR spark timing table modifiers.
    O2 sensors take care of the rest, provided they are working well.

In the long run, your intake manifold will appreciate that you installed an EGR blockoff plate.

Until you've personally calibrated your spark & fuel tables so that your LTFTs are all between 123 & 133 (123 is slightly better), leave the O2 sensors working.
    THEY are NOT Lying to You.
    You are NOT Even Lying to Yourself.
    You ARE Being Lied to ... by Your SELF.
    The Last Psychiatrist, aka ... Alone ...

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by LeMarky Dissod View Post
    Until you've personally calibrated your spark & fuel tables so that your LTFTs are all between 123 & 133 (123 is slightly better), leave the O2 sensors working.
    Yes to the 123, most stock cal's are like this!!! The engine will always respond better with the slightly richer mixture while the computer attempts to remove fuel rather than add.
    -Carl