Thread: TPI conversion idle issues

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have also increased the injector pulse width correction vs battery voltage i seen a big change with that while looking at BLMS. Yes i am using a NB O2
    The Map is attached with 2" of hose direct to the port not much chance of sucking close. I have been able to get a idle but it will still die sometimes when put in drive. It also dies when i come to a stop unless i 2 foot it till it takes over. I have taken all the timing out for when throttle is closed and think that will help the stop issue.I also have knock at about 2000rpm. i have only lowered the complete timing table to try and help the idle100_2365.jpg100_2366.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Rtcat9; 05-28-2012 at 08:31 AM.

Ok i have got it to idle pretty good in gear and out but now i cannot scan the computer with my scanner for some reason. i can still data log with TP. Is there a way to clear codes with TP?

I think there is a mode you can set in the adx to clear codes. not 100% on that though. nice looking setup btw.
    87 4Runner, 15" spring lift, 3" body, chevy vortec 355, 5.29 gears, 38.5x15.5x15" Boggers, 280hr, 16168625 running $0D
    93 S10, 36x12.5x15 TSL's, custom turbo headers, 266HR cam, p&p vortec heads, $0D Marine MPFI with 8psi boost.
    05 Silverado, 2' lift, 4" exhaust, Bully Dog programmer,

If the ADX was built completly you can edit definition and cahnge a setting to clear codes, if not disconnect battrey.

Just some ideas for you with this purdy engine conversion.
    1. One wire altenators suck for EFI.
    2. is that tha correct MAP for this engine?
    3. I did not see CTS, is it in proper location?
    4. Where's the coil? Spark plug wires near EFI wires are a bad thing and can not be tuned out...
    5. Do you have a VSS hooked up?

You should not be having this much trouble making this run with that vacuum. Have you checked fuel pressure?

Did I mention one wire altenators suck for EFI?

Look at log when engine is started and running cold, what is voltage? POOF! One wire altenators suck for EFI. Now rev the piss out of engine till altenator starts to charge, does it run better? Is it still charging? EFI likes steady voltage!

Nice looking engine bay, when you get er running right lets see rest of the rod!

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

1 i hear ya on the 1 wire but so far cold or warm it runs 13.7 to 13.9 even with the lights on in gear.
    2 Not sure
    3 yes the The cts is mounted in the front of the manifold
    4 coil is mounted behind driverside head and all efi wires com in from the pass side
    5 no vss just yet. I have just found out i can tap into the dakota digital speedo
    6 fuel pressure is 39 with reg connected to vacuum and 45 with no vacuum

I think my biggest problem is Timing at idle and definatly at speed with ping that i get above 2000rpms.
    The car currently idles in gear and drives but when coming to a stop the idle goes down to 600 then recovers to 725 which is what i have set it to.
    In what order is the timing applied = base+blah blah blah = final timing or how do i use the timing as if it had just a mech and vacuum advance dizzy

OK I will retract one wire altenators suck with EFI. I have never seen one do that!

Fuel pressure should be closer to 43.5 vacuum applied and 48-49 without, so your way short on fuel.

Your pinging at 2000 RPM and your idle issues are probably both the same issue. No VSS! It sees no MPH so your running on the idle spark table, IAC logic has no idea it has to do anything to keep engine running because in it's mind the car has never moved...

How many codes are set?

Hope someone can identify the MAP sensor in his photos because it's not like anything I have seen. So it to may be an issue?

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Stock GM MPFI fuel pressure up to between 1998 and 2003 is 43.5, without VAC reference. Pressure will be lower when vac is applied.

That is just a later model MAP sensor, they work fine in place of the earlier, larger version.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.