Thread: 1228747 akwa and $4f

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    Jay,
    If you want to PM me you phone number I can walk you through it.

Chris

Carb and Points!
    Chris, that’s a great offer, but the way my time is spread thin (life, work vs free-time and projects), I’d prefer on the forum for now. If I hit a point where I really need to be talked thru it, will send PM for a call.

The other hitch is that I have a Stage 2 454 PROM in the 8747 and she runs good, just not great. And right now I just want to identify problem spots in the data …but I can’t read it just yet. After that, I’d like to get a thread going about 454 swaps on the 8747 - got a lot of info supplemental to what’s here.

Thanks for the offer, and the quick reply. I really appreciate it.

One of the hang-ups is I can’t run TunerPro (yet) on a new Samsung A7 Tablet.
    ALDLDroid is so close though.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by JaydeeC View Post
    Chris, that’s a great offer, but the way my time is spread thin (life, work vs free-time and projects), I’d prefer on the forum for now. If I hit a point where I really need to be talked thru it, will send PM for a call.

The other hitch is that I have a Stage 2 454 PROM in the 8747 and she runs good, just not great. And right now I just want to identify problem spots in the data …but I can’t read it just yet. After that, I’d like to get a thread going about 454 swaps on the 8747 - got a lot of info supplemental to what’s here.

Thanks for the offer, and the quick reply. I really appreciate it.

One of the hang-ups is I can’t run TunerPro (yet) on a new Samsung A7 Tablet.
    ALDLDroid is so close though.
    Are you trying to data log in tunerpro or make make changed to burn a chip? I data log with winaldl.

Carb and Points!
    Just trying to see the numbers and the data with ALDLDroid. I’ve emailed Sébastien several times and he’s helped immensely.
    I’ll get the data logging and chip burning later when I try to refine my data highs & lows.

The 1228747 and AKWA title really got me on the thread because it’s the exact same I’m working with, but with a 454 motor swap and a 454 PROM swap, and the truck runs with no SES. If burning a chip is required at this point, I’d like to see what I’ve got & log it before making that leap.

The A7 tablet doesn’t like any version of WINE (that I’ve tried) to get a .exe file to run (TunerPro). And it won’t /quite/ connect to ALDLDroid. It likes some of what I’ve tried, but I get a lot of 0.0 or Red gauges, and “Not yet synced with ECU data stream”; better than it was when it said 392° coolant temp in Red ��

[If it means anything, I was able to read a lot of parameters with a borrowed Monitor4 scanner, and measured with gauges: 20inHg idle vacuum, 190° op temp, 800 idle in drive, 17inHg idle in drive, Crane 134112 / 2112 grind, near stock cam, new rings & bearings & seals (new build, ~500mi on 454 swap), 4-6° truly base timing (warmed up, EST disconnect, set timing), Cloyes timing chain & sprockets, Edelbrock 3764 Performer TBI intake under a TBI-220, 17087257, rebuilt, new 14lb FPR spring, new TJ11 (Standard Motor) injectors, always an ACDelco rebuild kit, Fel-Pro base gasket, Needs a valve adjustment but otherwise runs like a top.]