Quote Originally Posted by B52Bombardier1 View Post
Hello,

Sounds like you have a good plan to at least get your engine started. I have not had to change anything in the tune to support my 4L60E except to change the rear axle gear ratio and tire height in the tune to make the speedometer accurate. There is a slight bit of mathematics here within Tuner Pro RT but its easy.

I have not had to change anything related to my stock fuel injectors - 26 pounds of fuel per hour Multek injectors. I did bump up the original 550 RPM to 650 RPM because it idled better, IMHO.

I also killed off EGR and EVAP plus the oxygen sensors AFTER the catalytic converter. Kill off cat overheat warnings while you are there. I've got a big list of others that I kill off because that equipment isn't there in my 1970 El Camino and I can give you the list when you are ready for it.

I also did nothing for Flex Fuel. Nothing for timing - completely stock. Nothing for the octane table - completely stock. I'm in this for long term engine durability, not tire smoke or racing. My 2013 SS Camaro is here for those things.

Yes, delete VATS and your engine should start.

Rick
Not trying to highjack, but it sounds like you deleted a ton of stuff for your El Camino. I'm new to this also, and getting ready to program my 2003 LM7 to be used in a Crawler/Trail Buggy and don't need/want any of the "Extras" I will actually be running it with a TH400 so I will need to delete Transmission also. You mentioned to the OP that you had a list of things you deleted, would you be willing to share that with me as well? Any files or lists would be greatly appreciated. Biohazard2222@gmail.com, thank you!!!