Thread: Help needed 1227747 tune

Carb and Points!

Help needed 1227747 tune

Hi All I have been tuning a 1227747 that is rigged up on a ford windsor 5.0
    we ran the vehicle on the dyno today and got it dialled in but had trouble getting the fuel right high rpm mid load
    I have attached the bin so that someone might be able to help
    we had it locked in open loop for tuning and I am not running a knock sensor.
    I guess advice on setting up the 2 VE tables and also PE AFR settings would be great
    it was running out to 16.8:1 at around 4800rpm but at full load it was bang on 12.5:1
    below 4800 it was pretty close to 14.7:1 anywhere below 70 MAP
    thanks in advance (am in AUS so may not reply directly)
    P.s TBI is off a 350 chev around 1989 vintage
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Sheponaro; 11-10-2020 at 02:32 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    I just took a quick look at your main VE table and it has a lot of peaks and valleys. I would work on smoothing that out. For example, your 1200rpm line goes 51-55-50-57. Also your 100KPa line has a dip between 2000-2800. Your 40 and 50 KPa lines both have dips as RPM increases. Your PE table is set at 12.7, so the ECU is doing what you have that set for. I'd maybe try disabling PE so you can focus on the main VE table without the PE effects. Remember anything above 3200rpm is going to use the 3200rpm cells. PE is kicking in at 48% of TPS - what is your TPS reading at 4800rpm and mid-load? After you get the VE smoothed out you might want to look at when PE comes on.

Just my 2 cents. YMMV

Do you have a TunerPro RT data log?

Screen shots attached show a sample of information available from TunerPro RT.

The .bin file is helpful. The TunerPro RT data log will be MOST helpful.

dave w
    Attached Images Attached Images

Carb and Points!
    I have since had the vehicle on a dyno to tune and it came up pretty well. But the 1227747 is limited, it has no rev limiter and with the light load and full load maps sorted I still cannot seem to get mid throttle above 4000 rpm to not lean out. I think if I used an ecm with more memory capability I could get the fuel sorted (it seems to be the lack of adjustability running fuel adders)

does anyone know if the 1227808 will cope with 2 tbi injectors and if it has better fuel and spark tables?

Your fueling issue, if it's solely tune related would be because the combination of VE1 and VE2 are adding up to over 100. You need to keep this below 100 to not get to the VE limit.

You can increase the BPW constant to get more headroom.

Also check to make sure you're not running out of injector or fuel volume.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Carb and Points!
    Well the ve tables definitely go over 100, I thought this was ok... oops. If I adjust the BPW constant by a percentage can I change the fuel tables by the same percentage then just increase the areas that need more fuel?
    I know the injectors are up to it as at full load 6000rpm we were still running slightly rich.
    The only other thing that is happening is the manifold vacuum starts to drop (less vacuum) at high rpm due to restriction. I think it is possibly the intake setup as it is a 4wd and used the factory air box.

I never did that by percentages, I just adjusted the BPW and the main VE table until I got a good idle, and leave enough room in the VE tables to stay below 100.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheponaro View Post
    Well the ve tables definitely go over 100, I thought this was ok... oops. If I adjust the BPW constant by a percentage can I change the fuel tables by the same percentage then just increase the areas that need more fuel?
    I know the injectors are up to it as at full load 6000rpm we were still running slightly rich.
    The only other thing that is happening is the manifold vacuum starts to drop (less vacuum) at high rpm due to restriction. I think it is possibly the intake setup as it is a 4wd and used the factory air box.
    If there was a restriction in the intake anywhere (from airbox to throttle body) then manifold vacuum would actually increase at high rpm - the engine would be trying to take in more air than the airbox/tbi would allow.

Carb and Points!
    Yes sorry that is what I meant the vacuum increases.