First off I want to start off informing anyone reading this I am a novice at tuning. I have very limited experience with EFI Live but I am trying to use the free tools right now.

To give the full picture of what I'm trying to do I am simply trying to get my engine running in my donor vehicle before I strip everything down.

I'm starting with a 2003 Avalanche. It has a good running 5.3 engine so I'm told. It is/was not running when I got it. I am able to start the engine but it dies after about a second or so. It actually sounds fine for the brief second it does run but I want to hear more before I spend all the time dismantling everything.

So what I have done to this point is use ls-droid (and PcmHammer too) to make a copy of the original PCM. I then proceeded to downloading a .bin for 12587603 OS from a 2004 GMC Sierra so I could load that along with the .xdf file into Tuner Pro RT. I removed VATS by changing the value to 2 and wrote the new OS (without VATS enabled) onto my PCM. again using PcmHammer. I installed the PCM back into the Avalanche but now the truck doesn't start at all.

Next I decided to take a look at the tune file using EFI Live since I own a V2. I read the PCM with EFI Live 8.0 and saved the tune. I then tried to edit the tune with V7.5 so I could examine the tables. When I open the tune in V7.5 I get an error that "System Theft" G1201 is out of range. This is true if I open the raw .bin file I extracted using PcmHammer and if I read the tune out of the PCM with EFI Live. EFI defaults to changing the value from "2.0" to "none".

I'm not really sure what I should be doing different. Anyone have any insight they can share?