Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
I just found out that the guy who "accidentally" stole my Chevelle engine then offered me a good race engine in trade screwed me over twice. I pulled the Bowtie heads off the race engine to sell them and found one head has an external crack that was fiberglassed closed and painted, and the other head had a bent exhaust valve and water damage from a failed head gasket. The block isn't the high nickel block most of the race guys are looking for and I don't recognize the rods, either. And the oil pump has been removed for a dry sump app which may mean modifications have been made to the oil galleys. Now I'm wondering if my plan to use the shortblock with a set of Vortec heads is worth any more than the scrap value of the block. So much for the guys on the race team sticking together after the car owner died.
I really hate when that happens...

Hard to find righteous friends anymore... worse in todays economy... forget strangers... I have gone to look at some things for sale that people just lie right to your face even after you point out they are full of poop to begin with and just wasted my time. People are desperate, times are hard. We just had two burgleries in our neiborhood. First ones since I've been here in 15 years...