Page 91 of 115 FirstFirst ... 41818687888990919293949596101 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1723

Thread: Whatever!!!!!!!!! Gearhead-EFI Edition

I had the seal in my hands, I am fairly sure it was a single lip seal. I sure hope this works, not that it is hard to do, just a PITA.
    Square body stepsides forever!!!

It might be a shot in the dark to ask for help here about a GMPP Supermatic Transmission Controller Kit # 12497316. From what I can tell, the controller I'll be working with is NOS about 10 years old. The transmission is a 4L80E. What I'm needing help with most, is establishing communications with the controller. I'm wondering if anyone has worked with one of these controllers and what the bits per seconds setting should be 38.4 Kbps?

I'm about 75 miles from the vehicle, so before I make a trip I'd like as much information (internet links, .pdf files) as possible. I've attached everything I have have so far.

I'm thinking maybe I'll have to configure a '7427 stand alone controller for the 4L80E.

Thanks in advance,
    dave w
    Attached Files Attached Files

So I was given a laptop back in the fall with a box of electronics.

The laptop is a Lenovo Thinkpad Edge 15. It had a cracked screen was pillaged of the HDD and RAM. It looks like it was hardly used, other than the scratches on the backside of the screen. It was probably quite new when the screen broke and was "too expensive" to fix.

Well a friend of mine needed a screen for one of their laptops, so I ordered one for this one along with theirs (there was a discount for 2 or more screens on the same order). I had already tested the hardware, using some borrowed RAM, and a pre-formatted HDD with Win7 on it. I got the screen on Saturday, installed it and then installed OpenELEC to test it out. As expected OE installed perfectly and worked perfectly, connected to my network shares, played back some video, all was good.

Time to play with Windows, so I install the Windows HDD, and notice that because I installed the OS when the HDD was installed in my Samsung laptop, the OS still thinks it's in a Samsung, last I checked a Lenovo was not a Samsung, oh well, no biggie. A few items not working, due to generic drivers not installing or being compatible, again no biggie.

The one I wanted to get installed first was the WiFi driver, but none that I tried off the Lenovo site (for this model) worked. About this time Windows decided it wanted to do an update, ok fine, did a round of updates, actually did several. Then yesterday morning I started on another round of updates, this time 103 was the number of updates! :o Well to make a long story short, 16 hours later the laptop finally shut down. :o

I still couldn't get a WiFi driver to install though. I finally broke down, opened the laptop up to get the numbers off the WiFi card, and low and behold I find the driver through a Google search ON the Lenovo site... just not in the section for my particular model. :facepalm:

Put it back together, install the driver and voila, WiFi now works. :)

Install a couple more packages and now the rest of the yellow triangles in the Device manager also disappear. :D

Now to find some RAM 2GB MINIMUM, and a HDD I can dedicate to this laptop.

Since this one has a good battery, and I will likely have more into it than I can sell it for, I might make it a dedicated tuning laptop.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepsAndGuns View Post
    Anyone here have a use for some desktop computer memory? I dismantled my old as hell desktop and saved a few parts out of it. I have two 1GB sticks of memory I do not have a use for (since my new desktop uses different memory)
    They are 1gb each, one I bought from a local computer store years ago, its kingston brand, the other is crucial brand I bought from newegg a year or so after that. They are DDR PC2700

Look here for specs on the crucial: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820145086

Anyways, I will sell super cheap to any member who might be able to use them.

Well my wife made me move all my stuff out in the garage this weekend and i set my desktop up out there as she didnt like my benchtop harness and pcms everywhere. Its a dell inspirion and ill open it up to see if these will work if you still have them.

Administrator
    Dave:
    Pp. 46-47 of the manual above says 1Mbps transfer rate for CAN bus and 38.4 Kbps maximum transfer rate for RS232.

Also, this is TCU T-com. There is reference material and software available.
    http://static.summitracing.com/globa...tci-377000.pdf
    http://www.tciauto.com/tc/ez-tcu-downloads/

Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
    Dave:
    Pp. 46-47 of the manual above says 1Mbps transfer rate for CAN bus and 38.4 Kbps maximum transfer rate for RS232.

Also, this is TCU T-com. There is reference material and software available.
    http://static.summitracing.com/globa...tci-377000.pdf
    http://www.tciauto.com/tc/ez-tcu-downloads/
    1project2many,
    Thanks for the information! I also saw the 38.4 Kbps RS232 setting, I wasn't not sure if that's the actual setting that works.

How the heck did you find the USB driver link, I looked and looked.

dave w

Administrator
    How the heck did you find the USB driver link, I looked and looked.
    I lift things up and put them down... but with the internet.

I lift things up and put them down... but with the internet.

Thanks again,
    dave w

Fuel Injected!
    Speaking of lifting things up and putting them down.....pulled the 3.4 out of the blazer today. Selling off the project(taking a huge loss!), blazer roller is being picked up tomorrow. Someone is interested in the engine, and hopefully buys it. Also selling the Mustang and taking a hit on that one too.

Anyone know of someone selling a Grand National for around 10-12K? :D
    '86 Grand National

Administrator
    Speaking of lifting things up and putting them down.....pulled the 3.4 out of the blazer today. Selling off the project(taking a huge loss!), blazer roller is being picked up tomorrow. Someone is interested in the engine, and hopefully buys it. Also selling the Mustang and taking a hit on that one too.

Sorry to hear that. It's always sad to hear a project that didn't get completed is being parted out. Maybe your situation will allow for another try in the future? If you don't care that your GN's not black, there's one in Boston: http://boston.craigslist.org/sob/cto/4358270599.html

Fuel Injected!
    Sorry to hear that. It's always sad to hear a project that didn't get completed is being parted out. Maybe your situation will allow for another try in the future? If you don't care that your GN's not black, there's one in Boston: http://boston.craigslist.org/sob/cto/4358270599.html
    The blazer shell has been sold to the local LV Fiero Club. The engine is going to be difficult to sell for anything of value, so im willing to sit on that until it does sell. Ive had a T TYpe in the past but this time I want a GN, considered a WE4 but that's last resort. It will be the last toy I buy, unless I hit the lottery of course. lol

Thanks for the link!
    '86 Grand National

Boots an pants an boots an pants an boots an pants an boots an pants an etc...

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Quote Originally Posted by 34blazer View Post

Here's a nice one?

http://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/4319043036.html

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    That dude is flying high on something for that price LOL. I had an 83 t type, spent a lot of time getting rid of that carb setup. Going to look at a local GN in the morning, 85 K and paint is 8/10. Minimal mods, mainly cosmetic too.
    '86 Grand National

Fuel Injected!
    Found a nice one!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    '86 Grand National