Ive been in and out of the tbi game for a few years now. Even dabbled in megasquirt.
However, that was before my 64 got totalled and i got sorta scrambled in the dome.

So, im going into this as a if i were a complete newb. I can't reliably trust what i think i remember, and have no notes or saved links to remind myself of where to start.

That being said, heres where im at.

I have a 1995 c1500. 5.7 4l60e. 2wd.
The 4l60e has turned into a bucket of neutrals. It is confirmed trans failure.

I have purchased a parts truck. 1997 c2500. It has the 4l80e, crossmember, driveshaft, coolers and lines and everything mechanical i should need for the swap. For $200, i couldn't pass it up. Rod knock, they kept the sercice body and new tires, etc. Parts truck.

I understand that to do the swap i will need to either get a trans harness adapter or repin the 4l60e connector. I have a link from here on that.
I also understand i will need a new chip for the 4l80e. I can't use the one from the parts truck, as its a vortec not tbi.

The chip is where im really struggling mentally. I still have my aldl cable, moates burner, laptop and tunerpro.

I know i will need a 4l80e bin. Do i need to locate a stock chip to retain the limp features and such? Or can i use the 4l60e memcal with an adapter and new chip?
Also, which adapter and chip do i need?

Is there a good tutorial these days for a newb that barely uses Microsoft office? Id like to go through it all again from "turn on computer ".

While i have the trans down, im going to be doing a bunch of maintenance
I'll also be installing long tube headers. a high flow cat, true 3 inch exhaust (yay parts truck!), and electric fans.

Im wondering if theres a canned tune for this setup. My guess is no. Which means that I will need to learn datalogging and such again. Fans i plan to do a manifold mounted thermostatic switch, as i can't seem to find where this computer could control them. God, If there was someone good nearby....