Thread: LX9 3.5l in MGB with 7730ecu and $A1 bin changing for larger displacement/injectors

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Help :yikes::mad1:

Needing some help. Car ran good before I lost my tune. It runs on A1 just needs adjusting. Been trying to get PE DFCO and Highway turned off. Still saw DFCO come on a couple times. I am including my bin and logs to see if anyone could help.

Went on run to day. Pub 67 log. On return Pub return log, it started running lean according to WB and was spuddering at constant TP. Noticed in log the BPW would go almost to 0.2 lower. Now car doesnt run well at all closed loop. Car stopped seeing Ostrich (computer still does- Ribbon cable?) so back to burning chips.

Will post second item with my SAUJP info. Haven't been running that due to knock, don't believe the DIS is set up correctly. Followed writeup that came with. Timing jumps around alot more then when running A1 tune.

About to give up and cut hole in the UIM and weld a carb on....
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by MG-Maxx; 04-24-2021 at 03:16 AM.

Here is the S-AUJP tune info. Even ran Dave W Mod 8 with about the same results in the begining but seemed to have more popping and banging from timing so haven't gone back but did try setting and some of the timing in the S_AUJP. Not sure where I am now.

The WB AEM 30-0300 doesn't agree with adx. Used the conversion settings in the write up to get working but.... The WB Gauge shows a couple points richer then the WB1 in log. It also is showing Sensor 2 readings which don't agree with sensor 1????"?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Found issue with running lean was low fuel and dirty filter sock. Cleaned and filled. Will have to get gauge working. Only have oil and water temp atm.

Did a couple WOT runs with the A1 bin. Didn't go open loop. Loading up a stock tune and transferring over my Injector base pulse and VE tables.

Trying to figure this out before going code 59 and adding turbos.

Update:

Found out that after warmed up, engine was idling to low and causing Alternator not to charge, underdrive pulley set up didn't help situation. This was causing issues at idle since ECU was seeing low voltage changing pulse width. Increased idle and now always have good voltage.

Will start new thread about DIS set up. Have added settings per instructions included with V6. Copied Dave W.'s settings due to Max Advance will not take a neg number (suppose to be -10). Added to Base Dist settings (changed from 60 to 70). Car runs fine but timing is jumpy. It does the normal few degrees but at times will jump to about 35 degrees and then go back down to mid-high 20's. Other thing that bothers me is max timing is showing mid 40's. All this in the datalog, is the high reading due to the settings for DIS, the extra 10 degrees in Base Dist settings:

I load up the A1 Bin and the idle timing doesn't have that jump in it. As part of troubleshooting I ran the crank trigger away from injectors to make sure issue wasn't picking up a injector pulses.