Thread: Hello from Los Angeles

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Electronic Ignition!

Hello from Los Angeles

Hello: New to the forum. What brought me here was a TBI conversion I'm doing on my Cadillac 429. A buddy of mine and I rebuilt the engine and towards the end he says, "You really should fuel inject this.." and I'm thinking "oh, so a Holley Sniper or a FiTech, right?".. oh no..he says, "Let's go to the junkyard and rip the TB, harness, and ECM out of a 88-92 Chevy with a 454 in it." I hesitated for a second, but then got into the idea. Fast forward to today and we got a running engine using a 1227747 and a few extra mods like EGR to control preignition (it's got 10.5:1 compression so I'm gonna need it), fully electronic ignition (using parts from Chrysler and GM), knock sensor, and a catalytic converter (so I can walk behind it while it's running and not have my clothes smell like exhaust). It's been a super fun project and one I look forward to repeating with some other old engines I have, including another Cadillac 429, a Pontiac 389, and a Cadillac 472 engine. Here's a video of it.

And a pic of the car it's going into.

FB_IMG_1596238175437.jpg

Looking forward to learning about the various ECMs, chips, tuning, and the TBI system in general so I can apply it effectively to the other carbureted engines.
    Last edited by clarkent5477; 07-17-2023 at 07:35 AM.