Thread: Checksum Error Question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi LRT, thank you for the great info here,
    you hit the nail on the head, im very new and still learning and overwhelmed with all the information available. I have spent countless hours to get this far and will probably spend countless hours more to learn and i dont expect to get it right over nite.

I am grateful that someone took the time to write this tuning software because its free but more because its interesting and requires educating and challenging yourself. I am also grateful that this forum exists and that there arre ppl like yourself and B52 to guide someone like me.

I started this project about 2 years ago and have gone from not knowing a thing about the efi system on my truck to doing a complete engine trans swap, redesigning the frame cooling system and wiring and now reading the pcms that i have.

To answer your questions:
    yes i read the instructions in post 1 doesnt mention checksum use? only that is should be in the plugin folder.
    I first built the test cable and read all of my pcms to determine which pcm has which os and data on it
    i did download the checksum but did not use it correctly?
    the xdf file is from the tunerpro website not from the post on here, i now downloaded the suggested files
    i matched the xdf file to the pcm to the os
    the bin file is directly from my vehicle as left by someone who tuned it previously with hp tuners, i opened both programs and compared the data in the tables between the hpt and tunerpro files
    i have everything downloaded into one folder but i did not actually see instructions on how and where to install or use the checksum portion, maybe some guidance here please,

Hi rick, to explain better, i have a trial copy of hp tuners that i used to open the hpt file for my pcm. I did this to compare the data in the tables between hptuners and tuner pro, for my own self interest, and to verify things are not locked before doing tunerpro work. Sorry i didnt explain this very well,
    Last edited by 780ripper; 03-13-2021 at 02:09 AM. Reason: additional info added
    Live like you're on vacation

so i went back and did everything from the beginning as instructed in post 10. i adjusted the fan cut in and cut out temps and delays just like i wanted and saved the new file with a different name again but this time no checksum error message.does this mean that the bin file that i just saved is safe to write to the pcm?
    Last edited by 780ripper; 03-13-2021 at 02:22 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    Last edited by LRT; 05-24-2021 at 11:41 PM.

thank you for checking, please see attached

Fuel Injected!
    Last edited by LRT; 05-24-2021 at 11:41 PM.

Hi LRT, thank you for looking over my file and providing support. I will adjust the temps as i test the truck. With the original tune file only one fan would come on, the second fan would only flicker but not cycle, i had them tied together.

Fuel Injected!
    Last edited by LRT; 05-24-2021 at 11:43 PM.

Carb and Points!
    I'm having same problem i followed the direction and have the same Bin and XDF files and keeps having Checksum error (I'm Lost)

Fuel Injected!
    Last edited by LRT; 05-24-2021 at 11:43 PM.