Sorry folks, Giot distracted, Finally got the 3.42s installed, and found a nice old System 2000 scanner for 50 bucks and bought the TPS and rich idle stop tools off thextons website directly for 25 bucks compaired to the 100 or so everyone wanted on E bay. Got the TPS dialed in, and the rich stop screw set and got the dwell in the 30 degree range and this thing purrs like a kitten, installed a set of hooker long tubes and a nice mandrel bent 2 1/2 dual exhaust with some thrush turbo mufflers, an X pipe crossover and installed a heated o2 in the drivers collector. car starts with just a bump of the key, decent power for what I figure is a low compression 305 . currently building a 350 for it and I will be using a 94 LT1 f body cam, and a set of ported L98 heads . so it should be a lot more fun to drive.
That being said I also had a 87 corvette Spark control module, I had tried it before getting the carb set before and I seemed to give me a check engine light so I just plugged the stock on back in. The other day I was messing around and figured now I have the check engine light at bay and everything is where it belongs I tried the corvette SCM again and the car now feels a bit peppier and no check engine light but Im not sure f the timing curve in in the module or if the Prom handles that I also noticed Im not getting any spark knock from it now either like I was with the original SCM even though I didnt change the Knock sensor, until i swap in the 350 . Anyone know if the SCM has the curve in it, or does it just take the signal from the KS and send the data to the ECM? Im thinking of trying the olds 87 ECM witheh MCSS chip again , and see if the check engine light returns on that .