Quote Originally Posted by B52Bombardier1 View Post
Hello Mr Plumber,

You can do exactly as you have written above and the 7603 operating system will work just fine. Your engine will start, run, idle and accelerate. My only concern is that your cam swap will likely leave you running somewhat on the lean side and you will need to watch your Long and Short Term Fuel Trims to keep from running a too hot combustion chamber temperature.

You will need to increase your fueling inside of that 7603 tune across many cells in tables within its software. And for that, I have little advice except to say that it can be done within Tuner Pro RT. But I have never done it.

Rick
Bombardier1

I found two separate 7603 bins and xdfs that seem to work with each other and save without a checksum error. One from a 04 corvette. Issue being it is a 5.7 and manual. I found a 04ss truck with a 5.3 and 4L60E. Issue with that is the xdf has a bit of a different layout than that of the corvette.

If I use the 04ss truck bin with the xdf that works with the vette I get checksum errors when saving.

So If I use the universal patcher to fix the checksums. Am I good to go. To rewrite it to my PCM and have a low chance of locking it up?

To me this is the fun stuff as well.

MrPlumber