Thread: Gas gauge backwards after Flash

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Electronic Ignition!

Gas gauge backwards after Flash

2003 Silverado, 4x4, LM7. Original OS 12579405, written OS is 12587603 (both 1mb).

Only change I made to the replacement file was disabling torque management. Truck runs great, however I noticed my Fuel gauge reads backwards (Empty reads full, Full reads empty). There isn't an XDF for my original OS, which is why I moved to the new OS (The file written to the truck is from an 04 LM7 4x4).

There is a Fuel gauge table in the new OS that sends PWM values to what I am assuming is the stepper motor in the cluster, and I would assume reversing the values here would fix my problem.. however I wanted some input before making the move.

Fuel Injected!
    Looking at 03 and 04 Silverado files with HP Tuners there are 2 tables in the Fuel System section that are flipped between the 2 year calibrations. They are labeled Primary Volume and Primary Volume Gauge. Here is the data from the 03 Calibration that you can copy into the 2 tables in the 04 File that should fix the gauge.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 2xls1; 04-29-2021 at 08:47 AM.

Electronic Ignition!
    Thanks for the input buddy, I was able to look at the XLS file you attached and see the values, however I am unable to see the same table on my setup since I'm using LS droid and Tunerpro.

I tried reversing the values in the table I mentioned in the first post, however the file failed to write (twice), and I was forced to recover the PCM using my previous Bin.

I'll keep digging into this, hopefully someone has resolved it.

Fuel Injected!
    Those tables are probably not defined in the XDF you are using. Post the bin file from your 03 and the bin file from the 04 you are using and I can insert the data into the 04 file and save it and put it back up here for you to use. I have lots of editing tools. That way if there is a difference in fuel tank sizes between the 2 it will have the correct data for your 03 truck. Many times there can be slight differences in fuel tank sizes in the trucks and I can copy every table relevant to that into the 04 file. If you don't have a bin for the 03 then post the VIN and I can figure it out.

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by 2xls1 View Post
    Those tables are probably not defined in the XDF you are using. Post the bin file from your 03 and the bin file from the 04 you are using and I can insert the data into the 04 file and save it and put it back up here for you to use. I have lots of editing tools. That way if there is a difference in fuel tank sizes between the 2 it will have the correct data for your 03 truck. Many times there can be slight differences in fuel tank sizes in the trucks and I can copy every table relevant to that into the 04 file. If you don't have a bin for the 03 then post the VIN and I can figure it out.
    The Bin starting with 161937 is the factory file read from my PCM, the other is the 04 file with torque management deleted.

Thanks for your help man
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    The only torque management setting I see changed is Max Tq changed to 639. That does not disable torque management. If you want me to I can disable it correctly if you want.