Quote Originally Posted by In-Tech View Post
for future people, you didn't say exactly what you did wrong. We all had to start somewhere, eproms are tough when you are learning. :)
The 1st thing I did wrong was not correctly use the search function in this outstanding forum for others that had the same issue!! The legendary Eagle Mark (RIP) and a few others had post that led this flashing newb back to the correct path!

Next, to resolve the issue:

In the Moates Flash and Burn software it automatically populates the Chip Addressing start and end when you select the chip type to be read. But does not populate the Buffer start and end on it's own.

Since it was the first time to use the software, the Buffer Addressing start and end where both set to 000000 (six zero's)! Thus when I read the memcal, it only read 1 byte.

The Buffer addressing start and end should be the same as the Chip Addressing, in this case start = 000000 and end = 00FFFF for a 27C512 chip most commonly found in '93 - '95 memcals. With those set, the read had the correct number of bytes in the buffer, which was 65536 for the BDJY .bin. Click "Save Buffer to File", give it a file location and save!

Then I was able to open it correctly in TPRTv5!

Next couple of pieces of this journey will be to learn how to data log and then burn a modified .bin to a 27SF512 chip using the G1 adapter.

Thanks again for all those that have given so much to this forum and continue to give.

Louis