Thread: PCM HAMMER

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

PCM HAMMER

I finally got PCM Hammer to connect via Blue Tooth on Windows 8.1 and a 0411 computer, and after I exited out, and then trying to connect again it will not connect. Any help?

Fuel Injected!
    Hello Bill,

Same problem with me for PCM Hammer and basically any Windows Bluetooth connection - me and Windows Bluetooth just don't get along. My solution was to run PCM Hammer with a hundred dollar "VX Diag VCX Nano" J2534 device. Its four times faster with PCM Hammer and the hardware comes with licensed GM software that emulates a GM Tech2 device - very handy for engine and trans troubleshooting.

Your programmed 0411 PCM shipped today via USPS and indicates a delivery date of next Monday. I would have gotten it in the mail yesterday but grabbed the wrong flat rate box at the post office. I will PM you with the tracking number.

Rick
    1970 Chevy El Camino, LM7 Engine, 4L60E - Two 896 and two 0411 PCM's

Quote Originally Posted by B52Bombardier1 View Post
    Hello Bill,

Same problem with me for PCM Hammer and basically any Windows Bluetooth connection - me and Windows Bluetooth just don't get along. My solution was to run PCM Hammer with a hundred dollar "VX Diag VCX Nano" J2534 device. Its four times faster with PCM Hammer and the hardware comes with licensed GM software that emulates a GM Tech2 device - very handy for engine and trans troubleshooting.

Your programmed 0411 PCM shipped today via USPS and indicates a delivery date of next Monday. I would have gotten it in the mail yesterday but grabbed the wrong flat rate box at the post office. I will PM you with the tracking number.

Rick
    Thanks for the info. I'm on my third Blue Tooth dongle and have yet to get them connected to my computer and to the OBDlink LX. I'm ready to throw them out the window. I'll check into Nano device. UPDATE: Is that the blue one?
    Last edited by custodian; 05-06-2021 at 02:28 AM.

Is this the one your talking about, VXDIAG VCX Nano GDS2 And Tech2Win Diagnostic Tool Compatible For GM/OPEL With Global Diagnostic System GDS & GDS2 ?

I finally have PCM Hammer and the VXC Nano connected and working. Now a question: How long does it take for PCM Hammer to save a file from the PCM to a computer?

Fuel Injected!
    PCM Hammer asks for what you want to name the file before the copying begins. Then for a red / blue 512k PCM, it was no more than maybe three minutes to complete the copying. Double that time for a 1 megabyte blue / green PCM.

Rick
    1970 Chevy El Camino, LM7 Engine, 4L60E - Two 896 and two 0411 PCM's