Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4L60 shift 1>2 speed on 12587603

Fuel Injected!
    Got it! Good to know. I really appreciate all the help. It's wonderful to have a community that is willing to spread the knowledge.

Fuel Injected!
    Your S10 original 12579405.bin file has 33lb/hr FF injector values in the IFR table. The 04 file you are running has non FF 25.2 lb/hr injector values in it. The VIN in the 03 bin is not a FF VIN. It is going to run very rich with that mismatch. Do you think someone put FF injectors in it?

Fuel Injected!
    Here are 2 files. One for standard 5.3L 25.2 lb/hr injectors and one for 5.3L 33 lb/hr FF injectors. You need to try and get a part # off the injectors and verify what you have and use whichever file is correct for them. There was so much wrong with the 04 file it would be hard to describe everything in a forum post. Just trust me, I've been doing this professionally for over 15 years and have done countless car, truck, and swaps tuning. A lot of the things I changed are just because that is how 03 are calibrated and others are because someone had edited your 04 file beyond what you said you changed. Some of your changes I left, Everything is calibrated for your gears and tire size and then I adjusted some of the shifting down more. At least now you have a proper file to adjust further if needed. I also tried to address some of the issues you said your father didn't like. Also most swaps delete the cats and other emissions like EVAP but everything for those is still enabled so I didn't change any of that. Anyway give it a try and let me know how it goes. it is pretty much a stock tune with a lot of 03 parameters in a 04 OS. I could have written some performance into it but probably introduce some characteristics that your father might not like.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    2xls1, we GREATLY appreciate all of the work that you did for us. I'll have Dad pull the injectors and check the parts numbers. From what Dad said, the guy that sold him the truck was not very trustworthy. Dad is looking for a daily driver nor a race car. I think the prior owner was looking for a race car. Trust me, we have done so much to fix all the prior owners hacks. What you did is exactly what we wanted, which is get to a mostly stock OS that we can tweak with PCMHammer and TunerPro. Dad was delighted when we were able to get the S10's original speedometer to work and to control the electric fans with the computer vs. the finicky temperature switches.

I'll post back the progress we make to hopefully give you some satisfaction on how much you've helped, as well as what we find on the injectors. Thanks again!

Fuel Injected!
    You should be able to read the numbers on the injectors without pulling them. One side should have a 8 digit GM part # and the other side should have a Bosch part # in the form of 0-280-xxx-xxx. Google whatever numbers you get off of them. And I see you have the fans set to Auxiliary. Every E-fan setup I've ever done I set the fans to 2 fans. I didn't change that so if they are working I guess that is ok. Stock GM dual fans are set up to either both run low speed (fan 1) or both run high speed (fan 2). it takes 3 relays to set up dual fans to run like that and that is how stock GM fan wiring is when controlled by P59 PCMs.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fuel Injected!
    Dad looked at the injectors and they are flex fuel marked as DENSO #25326903. I looked them up and they are the 32lb flex fuel injectors. There is a currently only a single fan in the truck so Dad only has 1 relay in use for that now. I'll use the FF_injectors.bin you supplied until Dad can change the injectors back to the 25lb ones. Thanks again!

Fuel Injected!
    There is no need to change the injectors. Just run the FF file. Everything is calibrated for them in that bin.