Thread: need Some help with LT1 MAF issue

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    Definitely air leak after the maf or Air pump leak leading to fresh air in the exhaust. You can also check ccp solenoid for stuck open with leak on the lines sucking fresh air.

The final test will be to command open loop with maf disconnected.

Fuel Injected!
    I hooked up a smoke machine this morning and found a small leak where my snow performance injection nozzle hooks in. It wasn't very big, but maybe it doesn't take much at idle. I have it mending up now, I haven't tried plugging individual port yet, but if this doesn't take care of it that sounds like the next logical move.

Fuel Injected!
    Looked at the logs and at one point engine tries to die in open loop. Also now right side stays much leaner than left side. I suspect an insufficient fuel delivery. Clogged or dirty injectors can explain the low pulse lean condition.

You can try give it some heavy throttle driving with some cleaning agent in the tank.

Fuel Injected!
    kur4o, That was one of my first thoughts, I started there. Pulled all the injectors and cleaned them manually. Lots of fuel to be found.

Fuel Injected!
    I repaired the small leak I found where my snow performance nozzle went into the boot but it has had no effect on the problem. I replaced the PCV valve because it was sticky, but that also had no effect Here is what I have learned. I unplugged all of the hoses one at a time and plugged the vacuum ports and it has no effect at all on the problem.
    Double checked my header hookup near the O2 sensors and cant find a leak. I unplugged the air pump but that had no effect.
    The right bank is a constant problem, the left bank is also 80% of the time, sometimes it corrects itself for no reason and at other times follows the right bank exactly.This problem only seems to manifest itself at idle, if I give it even a tiny amount of throttle and hold it there the BLMs seem to remain normal. I get the tiniest wisp of smoke off of the center of the EGR valve when I pressurize the intake with the smoke machine, but I cant get it to suck anything in there when it is running. I could try replacing it, but it aint a cheap WAG part.
    Last edited by Fastmax32168; 05-25-2021 at 08:28 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    I still think it is some injector problem.

You can try to nail down the problem cylinder that gives the high 02 content in exhaust.

In eehack control window there is some cyl cut buttons, Disable each cylinder for 3-5 seconds than enable for 3-5seconds, than move to next one.

Watching map reading can give us some clue if there is some dead one. Also you can measure the temp of headers for each cylinder. If you have some way colder than the others, we can start switching components to nail the cause of the lean.

Fuel Injected!
    I will try that to see what I get. What am I looking for with the other test you talked about earlier which is to command open loop in speed density mode?