Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Factory Cal question

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bent72 View Post
    It comes back with 16210011 as the "part number" and then has "CalId#", am I correct that those CalID numbers (16209578 and 9) are included in the 16210011?
    You are correct. The "Calibration ID T-Side" value in the BIN is the "part number" as well as the BIN's filename, and is what's updated when you flash. As kur4o pointed out, the secondary number (what TIS calls Cal.ID#) isn't updated during flash and can be set manually using EEHack after flashing.

And you can rest assured that flashing with Flashhack is completely safe, no need for spare PCMs. It's so much more advanced than TunerCats it would make your head spin.
    1990 Corvette (Manual)
    1994 Corvette (Automatic)
    1995 Corvette (Manual)

Quote Originally Posted by NomakeWan View Post
    You are correct. The "Calibration ID T-Side" value in the BIN is the "part number" as well as the BIN's filename, and is what's updated when you flash. As kur4o pointed out, the secondary number (what TIS calls Cal.ID#) isn't updated during flash and can be set manually using EEHack after flashing.

And you can rest assured that flashing with Flashhack is completely safe, no need for spare PCMs. It's so much more advanced than TunerCats it would make your head spin.
    When I started my journey about a month ago, other folks (not here) were steering me towards TC. After doing nothing but research for a month, and then using the Flashhack program, I was amazed how easy that was. Same with EEHACK. I actually feel comfortable enough to do this myself without messing up

Of course there’s a ton of threads here. I have a lot of catch up to play in the learning dept

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bent72 View Post
    When I started my journey about a month ago, other folks (not here) were steering me towards TC. After doing nothing but research for a month, and then using the Flashhack program, I was amazed how easy that was. Same with EEHACK. I actually feel comfortable enough to do this myself without messing up

Of course there’s a ton of threads here. I have a lot of catch up to play in the learning dept
    This is because most folks outside this specific hacking community are not even aware that an alternative exist, and have come to trust TunerCats since they have been around for so long. In fact, I even had someone on a Corvette forum claim that merely the fact that TC existed longer than Flashhack was why TC was reliable and Flashhack wasn't. Didn't matter that I had actual serial data logs demonstrating the difference, didn't matter that the data handling between the two is demonstrably more reliable in Flashhack's case.

So don't be alarmed if a bunch of "old guys" tell you to use TC or JET. They just don't understand that something better exists.
    1990 Corvette (Manual)
    1994 Corvette (Automatic)
    1995 Corvette (Manual)

Well I was blessed that Eagle Mark perused another site we were on for trucks, so I knew what was here. His work on that site still gets much use repairing Tbi era stuff. RIP Mark

Once I figured out there was LT1 specific tools, that kinda made my day