Thread: Hello im new here and from Tulsa Oklahoma. My name is Darrel.

Carb and Points!

Hello im new here and from Tulsa Oklahoma. My name is Darrel.

Hello to every body hope all is well.and big thanks to gearhead efi sfaff and members thank you all.<br>well ill start like this i have learned a lot about these LS motors in the last 6 months its been exciting.<br>because i started my first Swap 6months ago.i drop a 2000 LS 5.3 into 1986 chevy 4wd 3/4 ton with a 4 speed muncie&nbsp; and let me tell ya its been a learning experance. So now i would like to ask what tune would be good for my Swap?other then i would like to do away with the vats, egr,pruge ,evap ,o2, air flow mas and really just any thing i dont need on my swap if anybody has any ides please let me know or if theres a bin i could use because like i say its my first Swap and still learning so much every day... my swap is all complete it starts up and dies...all but the PCM right so any advise for my swap would awesome.... so Gearheads what should i do? is there a bin for my swap???? and also i have the bin to the LS 5.3 the original... do i need&nbsp; to up load it to the site???<br>please let me know..... and thank you all....<br>&nbsp;

Gearhead-efi link for OBD2 Tuning information: http://gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injecti...2-OBDII-Tuning

The link above has threads with stock .bin files. Sometimes another member will share a modified .bin file if you start a thread. The library is for stock .bin files, which makes sense so members can modify a known good .bin file.

dave w

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Darreljones View Post
    Hello to every body hope all is well.and big thanks to gearhead efi sfaff and members thank you all.<br>well ill start like this i have learned a lot about these LS motors in the last 6 months its been exciting.<br>because i started my first Swap 6months ago.i drop a 2000 LS 5.3 into 1986 chevy 4wd 3/4 ton with a 4 speed muncie&nbsp; and let me tell ya its been a learning experance. So now i would like to ask what tune would be good for my Swap?other then i would like to do away with the vats, egr,pruge ,evap ,o2, air flow mas and really just any thing i dont need on my swap if anybody has any ides please let me know or if theres a bin i could use because like i say its my first Swap and still learning so much every day... my swap is all complete it starts up and dies...all but the PCM right so any advise for my swap would awesome.... so Gearheads what should i do? is there a bin for my swap???? and also i have the bin to the LS 5.3 the original... do i need&nbsp; to up load it to the site???<br>please let me know..... and thank you all....<br>&nbsp;
    Keep the MAF sensor and the pre cat O2 sensors. You can tune without a MAF in Sped Density but with what you are asking here it appears you have very limited tuning knowledge and tuning in SD requires some experience and a good data logger. O2s are required for closed loop operation.

Carb and Points!
    hello dave. thank you for the advise and and the info its much appreciated,because its my first swap and its been a learning exprerice for me.
    So im willing to listen and get all the advice i can get.. and yes your so right about the tuning part iv never done it before or tune one i should say...but im learning as i go or trying to learn all i can.....so with that being said what is SD? and do i have to keep the o2 sensors?and i do appogise for the lack of knowledge cause really im just learning about all this tuning,pcm. i aint very good with any of this computer stuff but im trying.... anyway ways thank you for the advise and the help.... so anyway ill be here more and more hit me back my friend ...ttys.

Speed Density = SD
    SD is often associated with MAFless.
    MAFless is offen associated with Boost (Turbo's Superchargers)

The list of essential sensors might vary depending on which members is posting the list.
    For Drive By Cable (DBC) the list is:
    MAF & IAT
    MAP
    CTS
    TPS
    IAC
    Front O2 sensors Bank 1 & Bank 2
    CAM
    Crank
    Knock Sensors Bank 1 & Bank 2

Often a Starter Flash or Deletes Flash is sufficient for a project.
    Deletes Flash is often with as - No Emission - No VATS - No Rear O2 sensors,

dave w