About a month ago I was asked to do work on a 4.8 swapped S10 w/ 4L80E. That was really my first venture into doing anything beyond simple changes using my commercial software and I found the information and files in the OBDII sticky threads to be extremely helpful. Sadly, that info is no longer available.

I'd like to create a new sticky thread to help other folks just starting out. I do not have enough knowledge of OBDII architecture or of OBDII operating systems to rebuild the sticky thread on my own. So I'm asking for folks to help. I know there were a few Operating Systems mentioned in the thread as "universal donors." I also suspect that suitable definition files are available in different locations on the web. On list or off, I'm asking for folks who have used the information previously in the sticky or who have enough knowledge in the area of OBDII to help create a new informational thread to replace the sticky.

And I will mark this post by noting that the smilies appear to be working properly again after uograding the forum software.