Thread: Project Turbo Deathkart

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Carb and Points!
    Update with the project: VE tables are pretty well dialed and I've gotten into a little boost. Landed at about 50% of the injector value to get the VE numbers in a reasonable spot. Trimalyzer has been a big help, but the car thinks it wants to keep pulling fuel around idle because of the cam reversion. I've just learned to dummy in a few extra % VE around this range and at least it helps in open loop. PJG, same as you I noticed a few cases of KR coming into just 1 psi. That was was already with a substantial amount less timing past the 55 kpa mark (which scaled nicely from the 100 kpa with the 2 bar map). I've got timing numbers falling off quick with more boost and I feel it will be pretty conservative. AFRs are sitting nicely around 11.7:1 so far as it touches boost.

The bad: I had "issues" with the clutch last year and put in a 2nd one almost immediately. Car sat for most of the winter and I finally just finished my "500 miles of city driving" for break-in on the new clutch. Spec Stage 2+. Spec's customer service has been essentially nonexistent and I think I've got slipping on this one too. I'm guessing it's maybe 450 BHP at the current 2.5 psi (absolute).

Car is fairly aggressive as it is. It needs new tires. 2nd gear has no traction so I've been doing WOT runs in 3rd for tuning.

The only issue I've been chasing is a surging behavior at 1500-2000 ever since I did the cam, a year before the 2-bar MAP re-scale. With very light throttle input at that rpm the car will begin to buck and datalogs will show a wildly jumping timing. I'm not sure if it's the cause or the byproduct. Some guys seem to think its just cam surge and to deal with it...
    Last edited by etravoda; 05-29-2022 at 06:07 AM.