Thread: Howdy from Texas

Carb and Points!

Howdy from Texas

I have more projects than one man should = ADHD. Current projects are a running and driving 1972 Suburban, I have a 2006 6.0/4L80E that I picked up a few weeks ago destined for the Burb. I also have a 5.3L/4L60E combo out of a Tahoe that I have been storing for the last 8 years...I recently got it running on the stand. I had to swap the injectors as I figured I would. Luckily the 6.0 was a willing donor. I am also building a couple of 67-72 C10 short beds, and a 1951 Fleetline special. I have a couple of 2 door SUV's a 2wd Tahoe and a 4x4 Blazer... as if I don't already have enough stuff going on, I want to learn the tuning side of EFI. I may want a cam in the Burb as I would like to tow with it.

Thanks for letting me in, I will try to play nice. Darryl

Gearhead-efi link for OBD2 Tuning Information: http://gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injecti...2-OBDII-Tuning

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by DMBeard View Post
    I have more projects than one man should = ADHD. Current projects are a running and driving 1972 Suburban, I have a 2006 6.0/4L80E that I picked up a few weeks ago destined for the Burb. I also have a 5.3L/4L60E combo out of a Tahoe that I have been storing for the last 8 years...I recently got it running on the stand. I had to swap the injectors as I figured I would. Luckily the 6.0 was a willing donor. I am also building a couple of 67-72 C10 short beds, and a 1951 Fleetline special. I have a couple of 2 door SUV's a 2wd Tahoe and a 4x4 Blazer... as if I don't already have enough stuff going on, I want to learn the tuning side of EFI. I may want a cam in the Burb as I would like to tow with it.

Honestly for towing with a LQ4, would suggest a set of 862 heads and something like a 212/218 cam. 5.3 heads will give you more bang for the buck than the cam alone.

Quote Originally Posted by DMBeard View Post

Welcome to the group fellow Texan!
    Jack of all trades, absolutely master of none! Too many projects, not enough time and limited funds.
    Geronimo, Guadalupe County, Texas
    1993 K1500 Suburban - SBC Refit retraining the TBI and Computer Control.
    2004 Z66 Avalanche 5;3 to 6.0 LQ9 upgrade - project pending

Carb and Points!
    Thanks for the suggestion. I will start looking around. I haven’t given it much thought yet.

Carb and Points!
    Thanks

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast355 View Post
    Honestly for towing with a LQ4, would suggest a set of 862 heads and something like a 212/218 cam. 5.3 heads will give you more bang for the buck than the cam alone.

Picked up some 706 heads off Marketplace this am.