Thread: 7427 $0D Not Going Into Closed Loop

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

7427 $0D Not Going Into Closed Loop

Been scratching my head on this for awhile, finally thought I would pose my issue to this group for some assistance. I have a TBI system installed on a 78 Corvette, powered by a 16197427 PCM. Been running great the last few years. Past couple months, I noticed some serious stumbling once the car heated up. Turned out my coil had come loose from its riveted mount and was causing lots of problems. Swapping in a good used coil made it run 10x better.

I had it hooked into TunerPro and noticed it was not entering closed loop. Sometimes the flag would turn very briefly to Closed, then the next moment back to Open. I watched the oxygen sensor readout and it looked really, really slow. Knowing that the PCM was looking for an O2 reading as part of the parameters to enter Closed Loop, I purchased another (Bosch 13077) and installed today. Took it on a 10 minute test drive and it still did not enter Closed Loop.

Can anyone list the parameters for closed loop operation? I know that Coolant Temp must be at a certain threshold and run time. Is there something I'm missing?

Attached is the current .bin file that the car is using, I'd greatly appreciate any comments and thoughts.

Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files

I should also add that the coolant temperature reading in TunerPro is spot on, around 200 degrees when at operating temp. Also, there is no check engine light being lit.
    1978 Corvette with TBI System from 94 C1500. Installed in 2017, Fun Project!

You also need O2 switching. Look at your O2 sensor data. I'll have to view your bin to see what your calibration is like

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by sturgillbd View Post
    You also need O2 switching. Look at your O2 sensor data. I'll have to view your bin to see what your calibration is like

Brian
    Agreed. I was reading back thru the pdf manual from years ago, oxygen sensor cross counts, or something to that effect. Will fire up the car and check it out. Thanks!

Finally was able to get in the car long enough to record a log while driving. Hopefully I'm attaching it correctly? This is with a new oxygen sensor (Bosch 13077). I'm concerned that while holding at steady speed (approximately 40mph), the O2 reading is flat. Might be totally normal? I watched the O2 cross counts, that seemed ok, but again stayed flat for coasting sections. Any guidance much appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    Your "Closed Loop Idle" is checked. When I use "compare" to other bins, it is not checked. Your House Run xdl, closed loop flashes for a fraction of a second and purdy much stays open loop the entire log. I'm a little concerned that the log appears glitchy with alot of data swings???