Thread: 7427 $0D Not Going Into Closed Loop

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

7427 $0D Not Going Into Closed Loop

Been scratching my head on this for awhile, finally thought I would pose my issue to this group for some assistance. I have a TBI system installed on a 78 Corvette, powered by a 16197427 PCM. Been running great the last few years. Past couple months, I noticed some serious stumbling once the car heated up. Turned out my coil had come loose from its riveted mount and was causing lots of problems. Swapping in a good used coil made it run 10x better.

I had it hooked into TunerPro and noticed it was not entering closed loop. Sometimes the flag would turn very briefly to Closed, then the next moment back to Open. I watched the oxygen sensor readout and it looked really, really slow. Knowing that the PCM was looking for an O2 reading as part of the parameters to enter Closed Loop, I purchased another (Bosch 13077) and installed today. Took it on a 10 minute test drive and it still did not enter Closed Loop.

Can anyone list the parameters for closed loop operation? I know that Coolant Temp must be at a certain threshold and run time. Is there something I'm missing?

Attached is the current .bin file that the car is using, I'd greatly appreciate any comments and thoughts.

Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files