Thread: Hello all!

Carb and Points!

Hello all!

Hello everyone!

They call me Gunny.

I find that I've become the auto mechanic for a slew of college age nieces and nephews whom I encouraged to buy low mileage used vehicles as "only old men drive buicks". Now I'm confronted with several OBD1 cars in need of service (mainly brakes, a/c, exhaust) and owners with "you said!" eyes.

I hope to gain some mastery of OBD1 diagnostics to make my efforts more time and cost efficient. My own experience has taught that for pre-OBD2 cars, service is seemingly often a high cost guessing game.

I've saved tens of thousands financially by doing my own work but this has all been peripheral to the engine and computer systems where data-logging is essential. It appears that the phenomenal efforts all of you have made here will prove incredibly beneficial.

Gearhead-efi link for OBD1 information (organized by computer part number): http://gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injecti...ams-Tuner-Info!

dave w

Gunny~ Semper Fi!
    Jack of all trades, absolutely master of none! Too many projects, not enough time and limited funds.
    Geronimo, Guadalupe County, Texas
    1993 K1500 Suburban - SBC Refit retraining the TBI and Computer Control.
    2004 Z66 Avalanche 5;3 to 6.0 LQ9 upgrade - project pending