Hi guys,

Does anyone know what can possibly brick a 1995 LT1 PCM not while flashing, but while driving?

I modified my PCM a few years back with the well known hack of socketed flash ram. Although I only did the T side because, back in the day, that was the way it was recommended. Not the E side. It had been working well all this years. I had reflashed it a few times inside and outside the socket without any issues.

The other day, I took the car out for a spirited sprint and when I let off the gas, I got the dreaded check engine light, the car stumbled bad and eventually shut off. I could start it again but it immediately died. Had to be towed home. Once in the garage, I hooked up my handheld and there was no communication with the computer. Odd!
I brought my laptop out and through several of my tuning apps, also got no communication. I ended up pulling the ram out and reflash it with the base T bin hoping to reestablish coms. Nothing! Nada! Zip!. Totally dead. The only thing I have not tried yet is to perform the other half (E side) of the surgery, bench flash base image and see if I can talk to the darn thing but it it wasn't needed before why would it be needed now?

The was no signs of issues or problems prior this happening. While driving there was no indication of power loss, sparks flying or anything out of the ordinary that can point me to where to even start looking.

Anyone has experience anything like this? Any ideas what could have happened or where to start checking? Even if I bring the computer back from the dead, I fear it may happen again if I don't find out.

Thank you!