Quote Originally Posted by DownUnder View Post
I was told that there was not really a solution for the 96/7 vehicles hence was directed to here as the closest kind of "DIY" tuning solution.

Just like the P01/P59 PCMs, there was not really any work done for reverse engineering completed or people helping out until there was an option available to read/write.

Id be happy to help get the kernels into a easy to use application, or even possibly into something like LSDroid which is also a free based program.
As this is part of the "tools" topic, we should move the discussion there http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...7-F-Body-Tools

I have a solution for read & program of the 96/7 LT1 PCMs. This all is separate from the bootstrap discussion (resurrection of the bricked).

I have a good deal of the reverse engineering done with a little help from my friends here.

My software skills are not quite up to your level. I don't have kernels. Just a few c++ classes that I stitch together to upload/download code to the PCM. For the actual programming routines that run on the 'HC11s, Kur4o provided them and I used them without (or with few) modifications. If you would like to make up a tool for these PCMs I will try to support you where I can.

-Tom