Thread: $EE '94 Fbody Manual not starting, logs attached

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Electronic Ignition!

$EE '94 Fbody Manual not starting, logs attached

Hi all, i need some help. Engine in questin is 94 Corvette LT1 with LT4 Hot Cam Kit and equal length tri-Y headers, adapted to Audi 6 speed manual, installed in the backseat of a 1965 Corvair. C4 harness pared down to stand-alone, $EE 8051 PCM, bin based on the latest 94 F Body Manual. On 11/22 I drained the water from my cooling system and refilled with 50/50. Freezing temps on their way (Detroit area). With the bleeder open on the thermostat housing, a stream of 50/50 peed onto the Opti connector. Did not try to start the car until 11/24, and it wouldn't start. I noticed Vbatt falling off, and she set DTC 16 Low Res Fault, which I've seen other times when Vbatt got around 10V or maybe a little less. This evening, 11/25, i pulled the Opti connector and shot it with WD40, blew it out with compressed air, gave it a little dielectric grease, and reconnected. The DTC 16 was still present from not being cleared on 11/24, so I cleared it before attempting to start. Again, crank crank crank but no start. I noticed INJ PWs were really long, but i don't know what's "normal" because this is the first time i've tried to start it with CLT and IAT around 5 deg C. Again it set the DTC 16, again after cranking for several seconds and Vbatt dropped a bit. I pulled the spark plugs and all were wet with fuel. I don't know whether to believe i have an Opti problem, or if my cranking fuel is way off for this cam and these temps, and my Vbatt dropping is causing the DTC 16. I'd greatly appreciate if y'all could have a look at the .eedata logs and the .bin in the attached zip file and let me know your thoughts.

Thanks a lot!
    Patrick aka AngryCorvair
    Attached Files Attached Files