Has anyone used a netbook to tune with, 10.1" or larger?

My laptop is getting old, and having issues with the optical drive now, is the last straw, I won't put another dime into it. It needs a battery, there's a mark IN the screen that's annoying to me, the case has seen better days, it's been a workhorse, but I want something newer, and LIGHTER, I would still like a larger screen, but I'm almost thinking I could get used to a small screen.

If you've tuned with a netbook and a regular laptop, which do you prefer? Things that I should know about using a netbook?

This would mostly be for using with Tuner Pro, maybe a few other pretty basic programs.

The other thing is, I'll be going back to school soon (hopefully), and I'm trying to decide if I should get a more capable laptop and use it for double duty, like I always have, or use a dedicated tuning laptop/netbook.

I do have an old Compaq laptop that was given to me, that isn't good enough to run Windoze7, but runs XP decently, I could turn that into a tuning only rig, the problem is that it's lacking an SD card slot, I use an SD card to hold all of my tuning info, reference and the files for the cars I've tuned. I have this to be very convenient, because I can leave the card in place, save to it, read from it, etc, and when I need to transfer files to my desktop, I just swap the card over. This is much easier than using a USB thumb drive. It also only has 2 USB ports, which usually is not a problem, but I could have 3 devices at a time. Well the Auto Prom should help eliminate one cable... Hmmm...