Thread: 16197427 Ability in an S10

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Carb and Points!

16197427 Ability in an S10

I have a 94 S10 CPI 4.3, the pcm i've found is a 16197427. I'd like to top swap out my CPI intake/injection with a syclone/typhoon intake, tb, injection etc. along with the turbo IC system. It's my understanding that the syty trucks are batch fired (each bank) and operate off of one injector driver in the pcm. Can my 7427 pcm control the injectors in the same manner? Does it have two injector drivers? Will it operate off of one injector driver correctly (I've read the syty do it internally of the pcm)? I'd like to keep my 7427 pcm because of my 4l60e transmission, therefore i'm not really interested in running two pcms.

I haven't really jumped into OBD1 tuning, I do a lot of OBDII tuning with HPtuners (LSx cars, L67 V6s, new turbo2.0s, 4.3s) and really prefer it over the OBD1. That said, my GMC typhoon and my 94 S10 both need tunes so I really need to learn it. In the end, I'm bored with my cammed 4.3 CPI in my S10 and really wanna step it up. Being familiar with the syty stuff, and liking the way it works and performs, I'm really wanting to swap it into my S10.

Before I go to far though with collecting parts, I'd really like to understand the capabilities of my stock 7427 pcm. Nobody on the SyTy forums or S10 forums can seem to answer my question. I've cruised this site now for months but really can't find my answer searching and reading around. Thanks
    Last edited by bandit; 03-22-2013 at 08:40 PM.