Thread: Code: EGR and CTS conversions

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    what parameter name in tunerpro is coolant temp, I can't seem to find it. And if I minded, I wouldn't have worried about responding, this is like a timeout from work, it helps keep me sane. Oops, to late for that. LOL.

I am looking at the ALDL output stream, and it looks like the raw temp is at $0025. That is just what I think at the moment, may change as I work this out. The problem is that this is inverse. That is higher counts = cooler temps. I am not sure where the conversion takes place yet from counts to temp for the aldl stream.

LD4ED FDB $0025 ; 4. COOLANT
    ; see table 1

here is the ALDL table entry, it is the 4th data item.

FAFF DECB ; DECR DIAG MSG LINE COUNTER
    FB00: ASLB
    FB01: ABX ; ADJ ADDRESS INDEX
    FB02: LDX 0,X ; GET ADDRESS FROM TABLE
    FB04: LDAA 0,X ; GET VALUED FROM ADDRESS
    FB06: LFB06 STAA L007C ; CURRENT DIAG OUTPUT VALUE

This is where it sticks the value in the ALDL stream. at FB02 when X =4, it will get $0025 from the ALDL table (LD4ED), then at FB04 it will get the value stored at $0025 which should be the coolant temp. However, I can't seem to find where the value in $0025 changes from counts to temp. It may already be in temp when it is stored. How $00E3 and $0025 relate is something I haven't figured out yet. Also trying to figure out exactly why 34/35 is the breaking point when you test.
    Last edited by jim_in_dorris; 03-22-2013 at 06:20 AM.
    Square body stepsides forever!!!