Thread: Opening New TunerPro Instance BUG?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Opening New TunerPro Instance BUG?

I could not figure out why some things work sometimes and don't work other times. Been driving me nuts!

If you have ever opened a New TunerPro instance you may be having problems with other things now! Here's the issue that started this and how you can check.

Open TunerPro, go to Acquisition, edit definition, expand item views and click on an Item, then click on Add Separator, like this screen shot:

Now go to the separator Text box and click in it and back space out the word separator and it should also backspace out in the item list, like this! If it does this you are OK.

If it does not then you need to Open a New TunerPro Instance and close this one that does not work. Click on Tools, Custom Tools and New TunerPro Instance. Now you will have 2 TunerPros open, close the one this test failed on! If you retest the new Instance of TP it will work!

Do the test above on New Instance of TP and if you closed the right one it will work. You don't know how frustrating this was when I was trying to do things that worked before and now don't? Today I was adding items in xdf for data tracing and they did not work... I remembered this bug and went and tried New Separator text and it did not work! So I opened a new instance of TP closed the first and the data tracing I was working on now worked and so did the separator text, who knows how many other things could be affected? Like guys having problems with emulating? etc...

I have reported this to Mark at TP. There has to be an easier way to see if your TP is original that works or if you had 2 open and closed them the next time you open one all things may not work!

Now if you never open a new instance of TunerPro it will always be the working version. I have tried this several times and always had the working version open that worked and always closed the new instance. Half the time when I open TP it was right half the time it was faulty.
    Attached Images Attached Images

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-