Thread: DFCO and Deceleration Eleanment.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!

DFCO and Deceleration Eleanment.

I've been watching the blm/int numbers.

BLM's seem ok, with a few needed adjustments in the cells that I've not spent enough time in to get a decent idea of where they are sitting other than looking pretty rich.

But those are the cells that would be in the driving range above 65 mph and 2200 rpm.

Those seem easy enough to correct.

The ones that I am concerned with are the 20kpa and 30kpa cells that ALL show rich.

My truck idles in the 38-45 kpa range and cruise runs 45-55 range.

Those cells look good.

The concern are the cells in the 20 and 30kpa columns that only populate upon deceleration, and it's not so much the value of them being close to 128 as it is the spike in the INT dropping to numbers like 100.

It seems that my setup, when letting off the gas and just coasting and slowing down, the 30kpa column is pretty much where the engine stays.

When I let off the gas and then get on the brake, that is when the 20kpa cells populate.

Best I can tell, the Deceleration Enleanment plays a bigger part when you simply let off the gas for a few seconds and then either accelerate or apply to maintain the speed you have dropped down to, for a which a better example would be say dropping from 55-50, maybe 45.

If I understand correctly, and if what I am seeing applies to this thinking, then DFCO is more likely to be active from a deceleration to a stop. Like going from 45 to oh shit, I'm not going to make that yellow so I should go ahead and stop. I.E. Going from 50kpa to 20kpa in a short period of time.

Is my understanding of this as explained above correct?

If so, good, if not, please correct me before I tweak shit the wrong way.

As it stands, the Decel Enleanment Factor is valued at .371, and I'm not sure if this value should go up or down.

Thoughts, concerns, criticism and jokes welcomed.

(next episode will be the questions about the spikes in the INT going into the 150's when applying moderate amount of pedal.)
    Last edited by damanx; 03-06-2014 at 05:56 PM.