Uhg...
Spent two hours tonight screwing around with two Linksys routers.

The one has been running for a few years now, and this morning decided to not connect to the intarweeb, at all. Apparently, I forgot the password to access the router settings, so I tried to reset the router, several times, to no avail. The other router, that I got from a friend of mine a while ago, for a planned expanded network, also had issues resetting, but eventually did. Good thing I had the spare router, so that I could get the WiFi connected through the house again.

I will NEVER buy another linksys product again, not because this router has seemed to fail, electronics do that, but I tried to use the Linksys "Live Chat," which seems to require the product to be within a certain time period to get any support, otherwise they will charge $29.99 for a one time support session, or $39.99 for a 6 month support period, or 6 support sessions, which ever comes first.
Thanks Linksys, you have now lost a customer that used to use almost exclusively Linksys products.

The new network will use routers and switches from a different company, leaning towards D-link, since my D-link modem seems to be a good product, so far.

It turns out the router I have been using is not bricked, I have been able to connect to it, change the name and IP address, so it may just be time to take it to a pawn shop and get rid of it.